Lightning Bolt logo

Slater

Air Force Academy (white helmet, silver and blue bolt).

Kent State did through the '80s, but now they use their primary logo (uppercase K with a lightning bolt-morphing-into-a-bird wrapped around the K... you'd better find a picture if you haven't seen it, because I can't describe it better). They do still have the lightning bolts around the shoulders like the Chargers' jerseys.

I can't think of any other pro or college teams right now.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well the current Blue Bomber helemyts have a football with a bolt on it...

The Ottawa Rough Riders, in the early 60's had helmets with a lightning bolt type thing on them--

Check out the CFL pages (historical helmets) at

Helmet Project

Helmets, Helmets, Helmets

FH2I

All 3 are well done sites...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Don't forget the Oakland Invaders of the now defunct USFL from 1983-1985. They had a great lightning logo that would look great if someone else adopted it. It was a fist clenching a thunderbolt. It looked kinda Mt. Olympic inspired.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Although The San Diego Chargers are undoubtedly the most notable, are/were there any other football teams that used the lightning bolt helmet logo?

Cleveland Thunderbolts - Arena League

Contract this...."

251799582_m.jpg

Archived