2005 MLB All-Cool-Name Team

officeglenn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met the Count and got his auto a few years back, hes a picthing coach for a Independant Minor League Team in NJ (where hes from btw) called the Somerset Patriots.

A few years back his ex wife accused him of rape and he spent some time in jail and it was proven to be false allegations.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ummm.... Hideki Matsui, anyone? I know it's not that odd a name, but there's nothing more satisfying than just yelling HIDEKI! as loudly as possible.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

forgot one...ex-Padre Bip Roberts...who is also on my unlisted list of coolest baseball cards (where he's wearing a sombrero in the dugout :D )

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

forgot one...ex-Padre Bip Roberts...who is also on my unlisted list of coolest baseball cards (where he's wearing a sombrero in the dugout :D )

he does pre-game analysis for the Giants TV broadcasts now, along with former Giant and another cool name candidate, F.P. Santangelo

On the topic of Chacin, why doesn't he have a nickname yet?

I think that since Mike Mussina is "Moose," Gustavo Chacin could be "Goose."

No. Chacin has to be "Shades". Simple, one-syllable and cool.

Goose belongs to Gossage forever. The same reason I'll never call Ivan Rodriguez "Pudge". that moniker belongs to Carlton Fisk.

So It's "Shades" Chacin.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

he does pre-game analysis for the Giants TV broadcasts now, along with former Giant and another cool name candidate, F.P. Santangelo

I swear the Giants have the best overall broadcasting team (TV and Radio) in all of baseball. Bip, FP, John Miller...c'mon! That's real hard to beat. Certainly better than anything the "Superstations" can come up with.

Shhhh *whisper* I think it's far superior to San Diego's team too

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

How about Corky Miller? His first name is Corky, my last name is Korkie, lol, which is also very close to Corey Koskie (which is good in the alliteration department as well). Plus Koskie is canadian (which is country to name alliteration) :flagcanada:

You mentioned Placido Polanco, but the Phillies have some more interesting names in their organization. Chase Utley (such a cool name), Buzz Hannahan, Spike Lundberg, Vicente Padilla, Zach Segovia. Juan Richardson, Amaury Telemaco, Marc Tugwell (huh huh, he said "tug well", huh huh), Maxamino Delacruz, Timi Moni.

Some others across the bigs: Benny Agbayani, Kimera Bartee, Chris Bootcheck, Yhency Brazoban, Bubba Crosby, Ugueth Urbina and of course Nomar Garciaparra

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived