Pirates Concept

Lefty7

I have to agree on the nameplate ? the only sport I've seen the name below the number is basketball, and those are few and far between. I would also flip the logo and the number on the front ? logo on the right side, over the heart, and number on the left. Also probably a thicker black outline on the logo.

What colour would you have the undershirt be?

EDIT: I forgot to say :welcome:

bucs6ss.png

I made the number/logo switch and made my own little change to the pants.Its not the right color of gold, but thats OK.

And I think it would look sweet with GOLD undershirts :D

not bad actually. i dont think any teams have the logo over the heart right now when it comes to grey jerseys. imo some teams should do this *cough*tigers*cough* i never thought about he pirates doing it, but now that you've put it "on paper" i must say it looks good, although i would try switching the black and yellow in the "P" logo just to see what it looks like.

Like the overall idea. You made a relatively minimalist idea work nicely.

And as far as the player name beneath the number on the back - didn't the Reds do that in the mid to late '60s? Maybe I am wrong, but I am going to look for pictures. It's an idea no one has tried in MLB for a while, like when the Phillies put the number back on the sleeves. I seem to be in the minority on this, but those are my 2 cents...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Like the overall idea. You made a relatively minimalist idea work nicely.

And as far as the player name beneath the number on the back - didn't the Reds do that in the mid to late '60s? Maybe I am wrong, but I am going to look for pictures. It's an idea no one has tried in MLB for a while, like when the Phillies put the number back on the sleeves. I seem to be in the minority on this, but those are my 2 cents...

You are right, the Reds did it on their road jersey- vests in the early sixties.

metslogo_215.gif

bucs6ss.png

I made the number/logo switch and made my own little change to the pants.Its not the right color of gold, but thats OK.

And I think it would look sweet with GOLD undershirts :D

where can i buy one of these? :)

that color of gold with that color of grey... i really like the way it looks together. now that the names are on top of the numbers, i'm in love with this concept.

you should try changing the front number to black with a gold outline to see how it looks. i was thinking about that just after i posted my other reply. it looks good the way it is but i am curious if I would like that better.

the way you had it the first time...if anybody tuned in to Saturday's Notre Dame-St. John's game, the Red Storm were wearing red jerseys with the logo placement like that...the STJ logo on the right side and the number on the left side. it looked somewhat odd, mainly cus you dont' see it everyday.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The only team I know of that's currently wearing names on the bottoms of the jerseys are the Oakland U. Golden Grizzlies B-ball team. I liked the names on the bottom bring em back!

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived