NBA Logo on Heat Jerseys

Plaid Paint

The Heat are the only NBA team to have the NBA logo be on the right side of their jerseys. I've asked a number of people, including posting the question on the Heat's message boards, and the best response that I've gotten is that the flame thingee coming off the top of the "T" would somehow interfere with the NBA logo. But looking at pictures, that explanation doesn't hold much water with me. There would be more then enough space for both the NBA logo and the flame thingee on the left side.

Thoughts? Derisive comments?

The Suns jerseys of the 90's had the NBA logo on the other side...because the logo slanted up from left to right the logo was too high to put the NBA logo there...so they moved it to the left

93_cb_sanantonio.jpg

93_cb_fbdunk.jpg

I think the flame on the 'T' is probably why. Remember, this is the NBA, a league that puts its logo on players' socks. Branding is very important to them, and I'm sure they don't want their logo to be even the least bit crowded by a team's wordmark. :rolleyes:

I could be wrong, but I feel like on their original jersey, the flame from "T" was bigger, so maybe it interfered then and they just sort of left it.

Because I agree, it could easilly be on the left now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Suns jerseys of the 90's had the NBA logo on the other side...because the logo slanted up from left to right the logo was too high to put the NBA logo there...so they moved it to the left

93_cb_sanantonio.jpg

93_cb_fbdunk.jpg

Of all the uniform changes in the NBA during the 90's...this may have been the best. Those uniforms are great. Plus it kept in line the ol' tradition that "suns" could be read exactly the same upside-down, or right-side up (obviously).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I haven't noticed and whoever did has too much time on their hands

Thanks for your input and addition to this thread.

That was a boring, pointless, churlish, surly, inane, childish and utterly useless comment the first time I heard it, which was on the Miami Heat message boards over a month ago.

Just proves you've gotten even less mature since then.

That was a boring, pointless, churlish, surly, inane, childish and utterly useless comment the first time I heard it, which was on the Miami Heat message boards over a month ago.

Just proves you've gotten even less mature since then.

Sorry if I offended you. And what do you mean "since then?" Have we crossed paths before? Don't believe so. :rolleyes:

Guess what - you're on a sports logos and uniform message board. You may be the only one here who didn't notice that.

Thanks for your contribution! :notworthy:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looking at the uniforms, the only real reason I could see the teams wearing the logo on the other side is to make it look symetrical. The thing on the "T" and the basketball on the old Suns jersey make it too loaded on that side. The other side needs some love, and that's where they put it.

That's my guess. :upside:

Interesting thing is that the NBA logo is also on the right side for Miami's alternate red jersey, which doesn't have a "T" - (the wordmark is just MIAMI). Perhaps they left it on the right for uniformity of the uniforms??

Archived