Kenny Rock's MLB Color Quiz

KennyRock

I took a close look at the Blue Jays, and decided that I have to accept these answers. Technically, the Blue Jays use one shade of grey, one shade of graphite, and one shade of silver, but I should have phrased the question better.

AstroBull21 - 8

ThaFlameofAtlanta - 3

bosox - 2

Moser316 - 2

pcqd - 2

DirtyCurty - 2

yankeeman - 1

Darthman - 1

jWilson4mvp - 1

EagleFan344 - 1

lost_limey - 1

So....

9: Only one team in Major league Baseball uses three different shades of the actual color grey(as in, they are defined by the team as grey) in their uniforms and logos - who is it?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be the Marlins.

On their primary logo the border around the Florida Marlins words are one shade of grey and on the fish, there seems to be another shade of grey, and also black.

Is the grey on their unis different?

It may be the Marlins.

On their primary logo the border around the Florida Marlins words are one shade of grey and on the fish, there seems to be another shade of grey, and also black.

Is the grey on their unis different?

I'll second this one after some research

It's gonna be the Mariners, the White Sox, the Rockies, or the Marlins I think. I just don't know which.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I waited on this one a bit, huh? Florida uses both a silver and a grey, but Texas is the only team in Major League Baseball to actually use three separate greys: Two in the "flag" logo, and one on the road unis. Colorado has just a silver in their logo, and grey for the road unis. Seattle is the same, as a matter of fact, Seattle uses the same silver in the logo, and the same grey for the road unis. The White Sox share the same silver and grey as the Marlins, and the Pirates actually just use one grey - for the road unis. I'll stick to other colors from now on.

AstroBull21 - 8

Moser316 - 4

ThaFlameofAtlanta - 3

bosox - 2

pcqd - 2

DirtyCurty - 2

yankeeman - 1

Darthman - 1

jWilson4mvp - 1

EagleFan344 - 1

lost_limey - 1

10: Orange, orange. We talked about how the Mets and Orioles share the same orange, but hey - there are three other teams with the color orange in their identities in MLB - who are they, and do they, in fact, have the same shade of orange?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Detroit, San Francisco and Florida (the lettering in the primary logo is orange, IIRC ... which is why they could give out orange visors).

I'll say no, they are not the same shade.

AstroBull21 - 8

Moser316 - 4

bosox - 4

ThaFlameofAtlanta - 3

pcqd - 2

DirtyCurty - 2

yankeeman - 1

Darthman - 1

jWilson4mvp - 1

EagleFan344 - 1

lost_limey - 1

The three teams were the Florida Marlins, the Detroit Tigers and the San Francisco Giants - and yes, they share the same color orange.

11: Navy, some say, is a little overused. Eight MLB teams use one color navy, while three use another. Only two teams have navy shades unique to them - who are they? Here's a hint: They're connected, well, in the past, that is.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

AstroBull21 - 8

Moser316 - 4

bosox - 4

ThaFlameofAtlanta - 3

pcqd - 2

DirtyCurty - 2

eddie010 - 2

yankeeman - 1

Darthman - 1

jWilson4mvp - 1

EagleFan344 - 1

lost_limey - 1

Yep - Milwaukee and Atlanta each have a color navy that nobody else in the league uses, and of course, the historical link is that the Braves played in Milwaukee. But, let's address the rest of the guesses: Interestingly enough, Boston is one of the eight - their navy is shared by the Angels, the Cardinals, the Indians, the Tigers, the Twins, the Mariners and yes, by the Yankees. However, the Yankee-Dodger guess is a good one, and it leads me to my next question:

12: The Yankees, currently of New York, and the Dodgers, formerly of New York, share a color. What color is it, and what third team do they also share it with?(The answer to this in a previous thread!)

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Archived