Fight songs

OMMF

J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!!! (you'll probably have to paste the link)

Lyrics:

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

(guitar solo)

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jetttts

6uXNWAo.png

The Steelers have 2:

The first is from the 70's "The Steelers Polka" and the second was first made in 95 I believe but gets rewritten every year they make the playoffs with the current players names in it. "Here We Go!"

The Pens use a pretty blah metal/rock version of an older fight song that they used to use. Its just an instrumental, but the original version was done by a brass band. Everytime I hear it it makes me think of when the Pens would whip the Capitals in the playoffs every year during the 80s and 90s. :hockeysmiley:

The Pirates made a cheesey fight song when they moved into PNC. I am embarrassed if any out of town fans hear it, but secretly, I downloaded it and used to listen to it before walking to the park. Its a guilty pleasure. :D

Oh god, how could i have forgotten the song from the Cardinals Playoff run last year.

"St. Louis Cardinals This Year" by Sylk Smooth.

The entire song, not just the chorus was rewritten. It was sung to the tune of "Lets get It Started (retarded)" by the black eyed peas.

Murph Lee also did a Cardinals Rap.

One of the llyrics was:

"Got my first autograph from Jose Oquendo

Always pick the Cardinals when I play Nintendo."

:rolleyes:

Quad: Seagulls in a team's fight song...how would you feel if it was in your College's? They talk about the rats with wings that infest our campus on the Carthage Alma Mater.

Nobody (not even myself surprisingly) mentioned the Super Bowl Shuffle. Yes, almost all bears fans have that in their Ipod. Sad, but that was our last good season so we've got to keep the memories.

Quad:  Seagulls in a team's fight song...how would you feel if it was in your College's?  They talk about the rats with wings that infest our campus on the Carthage Alma Mater.

You know, I'm not even sure the University of Toronto has a fight song. If they did, it probably wouldn't have helped their football team anyways. :lol: There's not much you can do with the nickname Varsity Blues. The best slogan they ever came up with is "Friends don't let friends go to York!"

Man, that jets song is so lame. I've a jets song for their AFC Rivals: J-E-T-S! SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!

I saw, I came, I left.

Since OMMF started with off with a USL-1 team, I'll chime in about the Minnesota Thunder. I don't think they have anything official, but we have a few songs that get sung during the match. This is one of my favourites, which we sing for Thunder striker Johnny Menyongar:

(to the tune of When Johnny Comes Marching Home)

When Johnny goes marching down the wing, hurrah, hurrah

When Johnny goes marching down the wing, hurrah, hurrah

When Johnny goes marching down the wing

The Thunder fans will stand and sing

For we all know

Johnny is gonna score!

If you're a Sounders supporter, OMMF, you'd've liked our song for the game against Portland a couple weeks ago:

(to the tune of Frere Jacque)

Portland Timbers, Portland Timbers

What's that smell? What's that smell?

Dirty stinky hippies, dirty stinky hippies

In your town, in your town.

:D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If you're a Sounders supporter, OMMF, you'd've liked our song for the game against Portland a couple weeks ago:

(to the tune of Frere Jacque)

Portland Timbers, Portland Timbers

What's that smell? What's that smell?

Dirty stinky hippies, dirty stinky hippies

In your town, in your town.

:D

YES! :lol::notworthy:

The most current fight song for the New England Patriots of late, has been a Ramone-esqe song "Here We Go Patriots!" by local band Meat Depressed out of Providence, Rhode Island.

The song is popular enough with local listeners that when games are broadcast on WBCN 104.1 FM, the song is always played during the pre-game show, and quite often the post-game wrap up as well.

Basically the song just names every other team in the NFL and says what the band really feels about them. You may want to pay special attention to what the say about the 49ers. They also save just enough space at the end of the song when the music ends to take a dig at the New York Yankees as well, but you really have to crank up the volume to hear it because for some reason its really quiet.

You can hear the song for free at

http://www.meatdepressed.com/ under the menu option "sound curd"

or if you want it on CD, you can order it for a mere $2. B)

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived