New England Patriots uniform concept

Patriot54

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/Patri...andPatriots.jpg

Here's my idea for a Patriots uniform - I love the red throwback jerseys, so I'm going with a red jersey with blue and white highlights. I've never liked the Patriots using silver/grey, so I got rid of it completely, even in the logo itself - all red, white and blue. I stole the Bills' pants design and added striped socks. The logos on the jersey sleeves will be twice as big as normal, sort of like the Patriots 90's jersey, but the big logo is on the arm instead of the shoulder. Another big change is the helmet - it's navy blue with 2 thin white stripes and a red facemask. The logo on the helmet is also larger than normal. There's not much white on these home uniforms, but the white striping helps break up the colors.

Comments?

I like the red, I just think your shoulder logo is a bit big.

It's supposed to be big, but now that you mention it, I might shrink it down just a little but not too much. I like helmets and jerseys that have over-sized logos on them, like the Toronto Argos jerseys or the San Jose Sabercats helmets. If it was up to me, football helmets would be painted all over just like hockey goalie's masks. The bigger the better! :D

once again, the patriots should never again have a red jersey, for two reasons. first, its historically inaccurate. as both pat the patriort and the fling elvis has shown, the name "patriots" referes to the american soliders of teh american revolution, who wore blue. it was who they were fighting, the british, who wore red. also, whne the pats wore red they totaled one superbowl appearence, in which they were crushed. in blue have been to the sb four times, winnning it three times. as for the concept, its a nice idea, and would love to see a version with blue as teh prodominant jersey colour.

once again, the patriots should never again have a red jersey, for two reasons. first, its historically inaccurate. as both pat the patriort and the fling elvis has shown, the name "patriots" referes to the american soliders of teh american revolution, who wore blue. it was who they were fighting, the british, who wore red. also, whne the pats wore red they totaled one superbowl appearence, in which they were crushed. in blue have been to the sb four times, winnning it three times. as for the concept, its a nice idea, and would love to see a version with blue as teh prodominant jersey colour.

My scheme is based on the American flag, which is why I'm using red and got rid of the silver. I know a lot of people like the Pats' blue instead of red, so maybe this concept would be better as an alternate. I'll do a blue version in the near future.

I applied my concept to a photo of Richard Seymour and it looks really sharp. The only difference from the first one is I made the sleeve logos a bit smaller but still larger than normal. I decided to add numbers on the shoulders and I took Dnice's suggestion and made the pants white with a blue-red-blue stripe.

Check out Big Sey 93 modelling the changes I made: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/Patri...ndPatriots7.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, everyone - I'm glad the helmet got a lot of reactions. I think the 2 stripes make the helmet stand out nice.

edit: I changed the Seymour picture a little by cleaning up the rough edges and adding a nice background.

That's a bad ass photoshop :notworthy:

Also, I'd like to see if one day they'd do this

3776.jpg

Credit to devilray2k1

Any of these two are better than the dirty white they have right now.

3776.jpg

Credit to devilray2k1

As far as looks go, I agree that a red alternate would be better than the silver "dirty white".

But there is one good thing about the silver jerseys - every time the Patriots have worn them in the past couple of years, they've had really good games. I nicknamed it "Shutout Silver" because they've gotten two shutouts wearing the alternate jerseys.

NewEnglandPatriots7.jpg

3776.jpg

Credit to devilray2k1

The red uni looks f'n sweet! I'd much rather see them use these at their alts than their dark white looking jerseys.

6uXNWAo.png

Can the next person who brings this up be given a time-out?

Did any real-life Buccaneers dress like they worked at Orange Julius?

The Packers? Based on historical figures, right? Did they show up to the meat plants in yellow and green overalls?

The Pats used to wear red. It was cool. A lot of people wouldn't mind seeing it again. Please stop with the 7th grade U.S. History lesson. In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "We alllll get it"

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Can the next person who brings this up be given a time-out?

Did any real-life Buccaneers dress like they worked at Orange Julius?

The Packers? Based on historical figures, right? Did they show up to the meat plants in yellow and green overalls?

The Pats used to wear red. It was cool. A lot of people wouldn't mind seeing it again. Please stop with the 7th grade U.S. History lesson. In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "We alllll get it"

yes, but u see real buccaneers didnt have any opposing group that wore orange. the meat pakers didnt have an opposing group that wore green and yellow. the patriots did have an opposing group that wore red: the british. its that simple. even if u dont want to look at this logic, then look at winning tradition. in red the pats were a joke. in blue (more specifically navy) the pats just might be the most domminant team in sports today.

as for you saying "alot of people wouldnt mind seeing it again" well alot of people would like to see that stupid "MB" logo the brewers wore; dosnt mean they should use it. besides from what ive seen a large portion of pats fans like the current unis. in san diego most of the fans (80% at the least) whant the powder blues back and they make it known every year. ive never seen something like this with pats fans in regards to their red unis. they wore them on thanksgiving one year, didnt hear very much fron the pats fan base. if the pats throwbacks were so popular then they would have done what the all mighty dollar commands and designated them the permenant alts. like the chargers do. but they didnt. so the support for them cant be that great.

Archived