Illustrator Help

pcgd

• 2 weeks later...
When I download a font from dafonts.com how do I put it into Illustrator?

Have you unzipped the font into the 'Fonts' folder?

Yeah.

Are you XP? If you're not the admin of your computer, then you have to restart. I don't know why, but that's what used to happen to me.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

When I download a font from dafonts.com how do I put it into Illustrator?

Have you unzipped the font into the 'Fonts' folder?

Yeah.

Are you XP? If you're not the admin of your computer, then you have to restart. I don't know why, but that's what used to happen to me.

I have vista, does the restart apply for vista to?

jNTsTyQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to determine the degree of a curve in an object? On the same note, is it possible to make a line (preferably with the pen tool) with a specific curve degree? If not, it's cool, but it would work wonders for a project I am working on if I can preset all the curves.

Thanks, guys, as usual.

~UJ

174743.jpg

See how the edges are crinkly?

How do I create that in Illustrator?

Is it a brush? Or style?

I don't see why you couldn't use a brush to replicate that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is there a way to determine the degree of a curve in an object? On the same note, is it possible to make a line (preferably with the pen tool) with a specific curve degree? If not, it's cool, but it would work wonders for a project I am working on if I can preset all the curves.

Thanks, guys, as usual.

~UJ

not sure how to measure a "degree of a curve", but the ruler tool info palette will show the angle when you [mouse click-drag] point to point. when using the pen tool you can [mouse click+shift] to keep bezier handles on a 0/45/90 degree angle as you draw. same when editing, use the [shift] to align the bezier to the 0/45/90 as you clean up a redraw.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using Illustrator forever, and now use CS3. I went to school for Graphic Design and all that, so asking this is really embarrassing, but I have never seen something happen so crazy before. I was creating a logo for a client in another time zone late last night and we finally decided on a finished product. I emailed him over an .ai file, an .eps file, and a transparent background .png file that was exported from the exact .ai and .eps files. I didn't really think it was a problem until I saw them all together in the email, but the .png was more...washed out or faded than the other files. The .ai and .eps files were crisp colors and the .png looked like it had been through the wash. It looked horrible. I thought maybe I was using the wrong "document color mode", so I tried changing that to CMYK and I had the same problem, so I reverted back to RGB. Then instead of using his RGB values for the company colors I used the Pantone values. Wouldn't you know it the same thing happened. I was at a loss for words. I have never seen something look so strikingly different when doing this. I know nothing about color profiles, or color settings, or proof colors, or anything that I tried to read about on the web. Could somebody please tell me where I went wrong? I would greatly appreciate it. And again, I went File>Export>logo.png from the original .ai file. Maybe there is a better way to do it? Thank you.

I have been using Illustrator forever, and now use CS3. I went to school for Graphic Design and all that, so asking this is really embarrassing, but I have never seen something happen so crazy before. I was creating a logo for a client in another time zone late last night and we finally decided on a finished product. I emailed him over an .ai file, an .eps file, and a transparent background .png file that was exported from the exact .ai and .eps files. I didn't really think it was a problem until I saw them all together in the email, but the .png was more...washed out or faded than the other files. The .ai and .eps files were crisp colors and the .png looked like it had been through the wash. It looked horrible. I thought maybe I was using the wrong "document color mode", so I tried changing that to CMYK and I had the same problem, so I reverted back to RGB. Then instead of using his RGB values for the company colors I used the Pantone values. Wouldn't you know it the same thing happened. I was at a loss for words. I have never seen something look so strikingly different when doing this. I know nothing about color profiles, or color settings, or proof colors, or anything that I tried to read about on the web. Could somebody please tell me where I went wrong? I would greatly appreciate it. And again, I went File>Export>logo.png from the original .ai file. Maybe there is a better way to do it? Thank you.

Have you tried opening your .ai or .eps file in Photoshop and saving it out as a .png that way?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14