Washington Caps Concept

lost_limey

I really like the red jersey, takes me back,a good mix of the old and the new. I think we both agree that it is time for Ted to make the change.

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

I like the red one a lot. I'd add white trim to the eagle crest to help it jump off the jersey better though, the same way you have the eagle trimmed in red on the white version.

I can see where you are going with the blue jersey, but think that all that red is just too dark against the blue. All I see is the dome and the word Capitals. It needs to stand out from the background more.

I'd work as much white into the crest as I could to help stop it from getting lost in the dark blue jersey. First, I'd change the red outline around the whole crest to white, again like the eagle trimmed in red on the white jersey. You could also try to leave the red outline of the crest, but trim the entire thing with an additional layer of white trim.

Also, the red stars next to the dome. I'd put those on a white background instead of blue OR, I'd make them white stars and see how that looked instead.

That red jersey is especially nice, it does remind me of the original Caps uniforms.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'd add white trim to the eagle crest to help it jump off the jersey better though, the same way you have the eagle trimmed in red on the white version.

I can see where you are going with the blue jersey, but think that all that red is just too dark against the blue. All I see is the dome and the word Capitals. It needs to stand out from the background more.

I'd work as much white into the crest as I could to help stop it from getting lost in the dark blue jersey. First, I'd change the red outline around the whole crest to white, again like the eagle trimmed in red on the white jersey. You could also try to leave the red outline of the crest, but trim the entire thing with an additional layer of white trim.

Also, the red stars next to the dome. I'd put those on a white background instead of blue OR, I'd make them white stars and see how that looked instead.

ditto B)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I posted this a while back, but spurred on by the new concept on the boards, I took another look at it, tidied it up some and added a 3rd Jersey

Capsrwb.gif

C&C Welcome indeed

Amazing! These look incredable!

untitled-6.jpg

To paraphrase what I read in another thread here, I am so over the crappy diagonal stripe design that was so 15 years ago.

I DO like the concept and a return to the red, white and blue. Everything on the top 85% of each jersey is very pleasing to the eye both as a from-Day-1 Caps fan and as a frequent observer of uniform designs.

I'd go with the striping design that's currently in use with the black jerseys -- straight across the bottom and on the cuffs.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Oh, yea! That makes the red one look better with the crest being outlined in white and now the blue one fits right in with the other two now that it's outlined in white. I can actually see the crest now.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

SteveR, while I understand what you mean about the diagonal stripes, the eagle looks waaay to unbalanced with straight across stripes, and I kept the alt striping the same for consistency

Schweet!

This is what they should have been wearing as recently as last sea... um, I mean... *SIGH*

Maybe they'll ditch the black/copper look and adopt something closer to the old red/white/blue (although I will admit, the millions of stars on their first unis were awesome, and I hate the Caps) when they start up again this coming Oct... um, I mean... :cursing:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived