World Cup qualifying thread

NYBadshah1

The next match day is November 16th, with Leg 2 of the 5 playoffs.

Playoffs

Trinidad & Tobago (NA4) vs. Bahrain (As5) 1:1

Australia (O) vs. Uruguay (SA5) 0:1

Africa

Qualified:

Angola-1st time

Cote D?Ivoire- 1st time

Ghana-1st time

Togo-1st time

Tunisia-4th time (Last 2002)

Asia

Qualified:

Iran- 3rd time (1978, 1998)

Japan- 3rd time (1998, 2002)

Saudi Arabia- 4th time (Last 2002)

South Korea- 7th time (Last 2002)

Europe

Qualified:

Croatia- 3rd time (1998, 2002)

England- 12th time (Last 2002)

France- 12th time (Last 2002)

Germany- 16th time (Last 2002)

Italy- 17th time (Last 2002)

Netherlands- 8th time (Last 1998)

Portugal- 4th time (Last 2002)

Poland- 7th time (Last 2002)

Serbia & Montenegro- 8th time (Last 1998)

Sweden- 11th time (Last 2002)

Ukraine- 1st time

Playoffs

Czech Republic vs. Norway 1:0

Spain vs. Slovakia 5:1

Turkey vs. Switzerland 0:2

North America

Qualified:

Costa Rica- 3rd time (1990, 2002)

Mexico-13th time (Last 2002)

USA-8th time (Last 2002)

Oceania

Qualified:

None

South America

Qualified:

Argentina-14th time (Last 2002)

Brazil-18th time (Last 2002)

Ecuador- 2nd time (2002)

Paraguay- 7th time (Last 2002)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only question I want answered is whether Australia will get there.

They hafta beat the Soloman Islands in September and then the 5th place South America team (right now its Uruguay) to get there.

Mexico/Guatamala didn't start till 9 PM Eastern...hopefully Guatamala wins tonight or it goes to a draw (means the US would be in 1st in the group if that happens)...

Great win for the US tonight over Costa Rica...seeing on Wednesday, they play Panama, there's a good chance that they could be sitting pretty in CONCACAF (seeing that their next meeting with Mexico is here in the States and the only tough roadie they'd have left would be Costa Rica (or possibly Guatamala..not 100% on that).)

Out in UEFA land...looks like the Ukraine is pretty much assured of advancing to Germany after they took Kazakhstan out behind the 'shed...20 pts in group is pretty impressive...

And Flame..gotta agree there...

ORANJE BOUWEN!!...bringing in Van Basten as the manager was a brilliant move by the KNVB :D

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Mexico/Guatamala didn't start till 9 PM Eastern...hopefully Guatamala wins tonight or it goes to a draw (means the US would be in 1st in the group if that happens)...

Great win for the US tonight over Costa Rica...seeing on Wednesday, they play Panama, there's a good chance that they could be sitting pretty in CONCACAF (seeing that their next meeting with Mexico is here in the States and the only tough roadie they'd have left would be Costa Rica (or possibly Guatamala..not 100% on that).)

Out in UEFA land...looks like the Ukraine is pretty much assured of advancing to Germany after they took Kazakhstan out behind the 'shed...20 pts in group is pretty impressive...

ORANJE BOUWEN!!...bringing in Van Basten as the manager was a brilliant move by the KNVB :D

Well it's 2-0 Mexico, in Mexico, so they're not coming back.

They had to do something. Missing the last World Cup was embarrasing.

i think Australia did a good job last year to play Solomon Islands.... in the qualifier for that match we kept it a 2-2 draw so we dont have to paly New Zealand which means- we get an easy game......i hate South America FFS they cried when we finally got a spot......c'mon Venezuela win a few games we ant to paly them!

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

i think Australia did a good job last year to play Solomon Islands.... in the qualifier for that match we kept it a 2-2 draw so we dont have to paly New Zealand which means- we get an easy game......i hate South America FFS they cried when we finally got a spot......c'mon Venezuela win a few games we ant to paly them!

Yeah, that was good strategy. I'm glad they changed the Oceania format, so there isn't any more 31-0 Aussie victories with one player scoring 13 goals. I'm also glad that they don't give Oceania the automatic spot. It's almost a guarantee that they'll come out, and they should have to play quality opponents to earn the spot, especially when they're the 56 ranked team (according to the latest FIFA rankings).

Good performance by the US team, though they did get away with a few serious lapses in defense. Keller was outstanding in net.

Definitely can't wait until Mexico visits in September. I'm making plans to go to that match in Columbus.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived