White Sox jersey on eBay

WSU151

For those of you who want to have a throwback that goes way back in time, check this one out:

1931 White Sox

I don't know who makes it, because it's not Mitchell & Ness. Could be the seller's own.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

that's a good question...i'd imagine it would be infringement. if that's the case, too bad-looks like they really paid attention to detail.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The seller has about 5 other jerseys available on ebay. They look hand-sewn. The seattle pilots '69 jersey looks a little off, but casual observers (meaning non readers of this board) probably would not notice.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Based on his latest, a Cubs Billy Williams, he's clearly making them himself and selling them. I think I'll e-mail and politley ask if he has the proper copyrights to do this legaly...

Moose

edit - I checked his feedback, and he has bought and sold a bunch of vintage patches and stuff lately, including the doubleknit uniform guide on CD-ROM...

So tempting... I've wanted one of those Pilots roads for the longest time. M&N actually made them for a brief period, but stopped - something about difficulty in finding the blue will blend material, which made no sense to me when I heard it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i dont know what the deal with these are...seems he is admitting that they are reproductions, but i didnt see him saying who made them.

the pants on the cubbies ones seem to be made by wilson...im not sure if they were the actual producers then.

They could be something he put together, if so, hey they look good. I buy to wear, not to frame, so that would tempt me to buy that brewers one if i had 150 hanging around...which i dont

Were teams using standard Varsity block numbers back then? I honestly don't know, but I thought at least early on, most teams used sans serif numbers, which his #4 is not. Good work though...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I confirmend he's making them himself... I e-mailed him direct asking a question. Here's my e-mail, along with his response:

My e-mail "Do you have the proper copyrights to be making and selling these jerseys? If so, Can you make them in other sizes? I'd be interested, but they sizes you have for auction wouldn't fit me... PLMK."

His response "Sure. Some of them I can do in other sizes, some not. Were you looking for something in particular?"

Seem's fishy to me...

Moose

On the record, A fake is a fake, but off the record, he does very nice work that some licensed companies could learn from... Not condoning what he does, but these look pretty good.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Yeah exactly, it's the kind of thing I'd certainly be inclined to look the other way on.

BTW what's that double knit uniform guide? I thought there was a uniform guide in pdf or html or something that was uploaded a long time ago, but I can't find it anymore - I did want to look into it about figuring out the specs to put a chief wahoo patch and maybe sabathia 52 on an Indians jersey I have.

(I wonder why I'd do that, I don't like chief wahoo PC-wise, but i still wear the hat sometimes. I got one of the I hats though :-)

BTW what's that double knit uniform guide? I thought there was a uniform guide in pdf or html or something that was uploaded a long time ago, but I can't find it anymore.

It's only available as a CD-ROM for purchase now. I'm not sure the site, you could do a search, as I know it was a topic a while back...

Moose

Based on his latest, a Cubs Billy Williams, he's clearly making them himself and selling them.

Did you realize that in the description, he says "This jersey is approximately 40 years old"???

Based on my communications with him, yes, he is making the jerseys. Um, OK, I know this is tough to figure out, but you buy an old jersey (say a forty year old one) and then sew on a patch or two, and instant reproduction uniform. Yes, he is doing a great job. Yes, they are very accurate to the origionals. Yes it is illegal.

Moose

BTW what's that double knit uniform guide?  I thought there was a uniform guide in pdf or html or something that was uploaded a long time ago, but I can't find it anymore.

It's only available as a CD-ROM for purchase now. I'm not sure the site, you could do a search, as I know it was a topic a while back...

Moose

Chakfu...

Was this what you were looking for?

MLB Jersey Style Guide...

I'm going to try and avoid too much free pub, but there is a link to a sample chapter that covers the Angels. Extremely well done, and I would think representative of the rest of the program.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived