Missouri's New Uniforms

bri1275

Well of course they'd go and change their jerseys seeing as how I just bought a Brad Smith replica last season. And if they're going to add piping, would it have killed 'em to use gold rather than white?

*grabs mic*

we live and direk from tha den, it's Big Tigga doin big thangs up in here...right about now i'm rockin tha nu Mizzou jerzee-honestly, Nike coulda been a lil mo betta with this one, but I like the collar and i'm down with the sleeves B)

just turn the tiger on the left sleeve around ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Seriously, I don't know why anyone would want to actually spend money on something from "Missery". And since we are talking about mizzou football, what were they thinking with their media guide last year? 614 pages for what? Guess their fans can't read so they need a lot of pictures.

Story

graphic_media.jpg

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, GO KU!

KUHawks.png

wow brauny1280 has balls talking smack on mizzou when it comes to football. basketball i could understand but football? when is the last time the kansas jayhawks won a bowl game? oh yeah and the comment about people from missouri being illiterate ... that's just insulting. And since you are so into stereotypes why don't you go harvest some corn since that's all there is to do in Kansas.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

when is the last time the kansas jayhawks won a bowl game?

Sadly, KU's tradition of losing is such that they consider the annual contest with Mizzou as their bowl game, so I guess they get the honors this year.

And SEMO, your stereotype of Kansans as a bunch of bumbling corn farmers has no place on this board.

They're bumbling wheat farmers.

Kansas' media guide is what...all of two pages? Do people who go to Kansas know how to read, or is that the place they learn how to read and write?

Back on topic...the piping should be gold...it's not like Mizzou's colors are black and gold. At least they have still resisted putting the tiger head (also known as a not-so-subtle K-State knockoff) on the helmet.

Cards.png

There's a lot wrong with those jerseys. From the collars to the piping to the "Power Cat" Tiger facing the wrong way on the sleeve...it looks like he's retreating, not advancing. It also looks like there's some kind of white and gold insert on the side of the black jersey and a black and gold one on the white jersey. Ugh.

As for the KU vs. UM-C thing...I've been to one KU vs. UM-C football game. It was several years ago and UM-C defeated KU to avoid a losing season. The goalposts were torn down. For beating an abysmal KU team. And finishing a game over .500. Goalposts. Seriously.

The best-looking football jersey in Missouri remains:

homefront.gif

(Yeah, I'm biased.)

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

As a proud Missouri grad -- BJ '86 -- I can dismiss the Jayhawk's comments because that school's football uniforms are butt-ugly.

As for the new Mizzou gear, I can't say I like the piping or the two-tone decorations on the sleeve.

I don't like that Nike comes up with a design then tries to dump it into every college it provides uniforms for.

As a proud Missouri grad -- BJ '86 -- I can dismiss the Jayhawk's comments because that school's football uniforms are butt-ugly.

As for the new Mizzou gear, I can't say I like the piping or the two-tone decorations on the sleeve.

I don't like that Nike comes up with a design then tries to dump it into every college it provides uniforms for.

Dang, we missed each other by a year. I started in '86.

And speaking of 1986, I think the game Kess is speaking of happened in that year and, sadly, the goalposts were torn down but not to celebrate a winning season (I think we were 3-8 that year). They were torn down because we beat Kansas 48-0. That was pretty much the biggest highlight of the Woody Widenhofer era at Mizzou.

With regard to Blackjack's comments on the helmet - apparently Pinkel did want to change them when he came in as he found the "M" decal that had been in use (in varying color schemes) since 1978 to be distracting. It was an asymmetrical "M" with the right side being slightly thicker than the left. He was bothered by this and apparently did consider switching to the Jacksonville Jaguar - KSU PowerCat bastard child logo but was vetoed. The result was the introduction of a symmetrical "M" decal in 2003. It's okay, but frankly I liked the asymmetrical gold "M" outlined in white (1996-2002) the best.

yh--That wasn't the year. I was only 8 back then. This one was either '96 or '98. A couple of days after that game there was an article on CNN/SI about UM-C students pouring whiskey on KU band members and throwing bottles at them.

As a neutral observer I've always been amused by the UM-C/KU football rivalry. Since '83 UM-C is 1-2 in bowl games, KU is 2-0. Neither program is exactly burning it up, eh?

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Since '83 UM-C is 1-2 in bowl games, KU is 2-0. Neither program is exactly burning it up, eh?

KU is actually 2-1. They got throttled by NC State in the 2003 Tangerine Bowl.

And you're talking about the 96 game when Mizzou finished 5-6. I forgot about the posts getting taken down for that game - I was with my wife (we'd only been married a little over 6 months at that time), so I must have still been on my best behavior at that point!

A couple of days after that game there was an article on CNN/SI about UM-C students pouring whiskey on KU band members and throwing bottles at them.

I admit, not all Mizzou fans are classy. This little chant rings in my ears today:

"Rock chalk, Chickenhawk....F&$% K.U.!"

The non-symmetric helmet M was different and should have been kept. The current M is enormous.

Cards.png

Archived