Mets Alternate

Chief.

Dont they wear that for Spring training?

No, they changed their spring training jerseys this year to blue with black stripes running from the shoulder down the sleeve, and "Mets" on the front in black.

I liked the Mets alt (not sure if they were road jerseys) they wore back in 1995-96ish. I can't find a pic of it on the web, but I have a black and white pic of Jay Payton and it looks like he's wearing a blue jersey that says "New York" in white numbers (in the current road script) with the number under it. Anyone got a pic of it?

i like your idea......but please for the love of god don't give the mets organization any ideas. Their equipment managers can't keep their uniforms straight as it is. Hey at least its not black.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I liked the Mets alt (not sure if they were road jerseys) they wore back in 1995-96ish. I can't find a pic of it on the web, but I have a black and white pic of Jay Payton and it looks like he's wearing a blue jersey that says "New York" in white numbers (in the current road script) with the number under it. Anyone got a pic of it?

I believe the jersey you're thinking of was the road BP. Back then they had one that said New York similar to the road jeresy for BP on the road.

Archived