Upcoming sports video games

OMMF

Summer is upon us and that means the new batch of video games is coming out. Rather than scatter them all over, I figure we could just post in here about them.

First, a trailer for the new Arena Football game from EA:

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/sports/arti...%3D%3CURL%2F%3E

Accompanying article:

http://sports.ign.com/articles/624/624696p1.html

Next, an interesting extra to come with the PS2 version of NHL 06

PlayStation 2 owners get a special bonus because the hockey classic NHL 94 is included with every copy of NHL 06.

Rest of the article:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/624/624526p1.html

1116960646.jpg

NBA Live 2006 for Xbox 360

I should add, they're adding a new system of free throws to the game. Rather than the usual meters, or even the purely timing based one of the latest ESPN College Hoops, it will work like golf game. Pulling the right control stick back raises the player?s hands and pushing forward releases the ball to the basket

IUe6Hvh.png

AFL LIVE 2006 comes out in 2006..... after Aclaim is now owned by Sony, we get the games again, i am sick of AFL LIVE 2003, AFL LIVE 2004 & AFL LIVE PREMIERSHIP EDITION 2004 cos the lists are outdated

Something that bugs me is the fact that, granted, an Aussie Rules game wouldn't sell well in the states....but they won't even release it here. I'd love to own an Aussie Rules game for ps2, but when I researched into purchasing a copy online, they stated that the AFL game will only play on Australian-regional ps2 systems...does that sound right?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

AFL LIVE 2006 comes out in 2006..... after Aclaim is now owned by Sony, we get the games again, i am sick of AFL LIVE 2003, AFL LIVE 2004 & AFL LIVE PREMIERSHIP EDITION 2004 cos the lists are outdated

That's the one problem about an annual sports game series. They tend to be outdated very quickly unless you download an updated patch.

I actually downloaded AFL Live 2003. The only flaw about that "version" is that I cannot change the timer settings. I always end up playing a full 80-minute game. In the beginner version, I can rack up 500+ points :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Something that bugs me is the fact that, granted, an Aussie Rules game wouldn't sell well in the states....but they won't even release it here. I'd love to own an Aussie Rules game for ps2, but when I researched into purchasing a copy online, they stated that the AFL game will only play on Australian-regional ps2 systems...does that sound right?

I'm the same way. I looked all over ebay for an "american" copy. Even looking on US Footy's website, but alas, I'd need to buy a PS-Downunder or something.

The arena game looks good, and those graphics for NBA Live are quite amazing. I wish they'd show gameplay graphics too instead of the screenshots of replays (which are typically better)

You actually can change the region of the ps2 in the settings area when you first turn it on. only problem is, you can only do that 5 times and then it sticks with whatever region you have it on at that 5th change.

Oh man, I'd never seen the trailer for Arena Football before.....not to sound cliched, but that :censored: is BANANAS.

I tell you if they make the gameplay easy on it, Arena Football could be a huge hit. That looks like it would be a lot of fun to play. Did anyone ever play the original AFL Video Game, even remember it being out there?

Oh man, I'd never seen the trailer for Arena Football before.....not to sound cliched, but that :censored: is BANANAS.

I tell you if they make the gameplay easy on it, Arena Football could be a huge hit. That looks like it would be a lot of fun to play. Did anyone ever play the original AFL Video Game, even remember it being out there?

The New Arena Football Video Game will be under the Madden Engine. The Trailer that you saw was the Next Gen just like what you saw with the NFL during the draft. The Actual video game will look just like the Madden except a little different.

Hmmm...I've not been a big fan of Last Year's Madden game...but I guess hope spring eternal. My biggest concern is that NCAA will be playable again...especially online. I don't know about the rest of you out there, but it seemed to me like on both of last years Madden and NCAA offerings the cheating was just way out of control.

i'm on pins and needles for the basketball releases-Sony's NBA 06 sounds like it'll be good, and I got high hopes for Live 06.

and I know one thing, they sell a rugby union game here (made by EA) and they release Madden across teh pond and down under...shoot, I'd grab an AFL game in an instant if they sold it here. cus shoot, once you see a game in action, you can pretty much figure out the basics (which you can't really do with union)...and it's better than nothin, to be sure.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

PlayStation 2 owners get a special bonus because the hockey classic NHL 94 is included with every copy of NHL 06.

damn i wish XBOX owners got the same

GCEeffm.png

damn i wish XBOX owners got the same

You get better graphics and audio. Isn't that enough? :P

Are you talking about the Kurt Warner AFL game? It ran under the NFL Blitz engine...it's the only PSOne game that I still own and play from time to time on my PS2. The only thing that bugged me about the Blitz engine on the AFL game was that the "running" game was virtually non-existant. It gave you running plays in your playbook, but the gameplay was so fast that by the time you realized the QB had handed off to the RB, you were on the bottom of a pile of defenders.

...Not that the AFL is huge on the running game at all...but I didn't feel that they even needed to offer running plays if they were useless.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Cover boy for EA's March Madness '06 is...

Raymond Felton? :blink:

I know when I look back in a couple years, I will have no idea that is on the cover.

Cover boy for EA's March Madness '06 is...

Raymond Felton? :blink:

I know when I look back in a couple years, I will have no idea that is on the cover.

I don't understand the shock. He was, probably, the most important player on the National Championship team.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah and the best PG in the nation...no one moves the ball up the court like he does, nor does anyone else take the inbounds pass from one side of the court and go all the way downcourt for a layup without even flinching. How can you NOT understand him being on the cover?

Archived