Dodgers & White Sox to wear throwbacks tonight

boardname

The teams will be wearing throwback uniforms to commemorate their last meeting, in the 1959 World Series, which stands as the last WS to be played in Chicago. Not sure what the point is, the Dodgers roads are almost identical then to now, and the White Sox home is very similiar, just with a bit of red on it.

al_1959_chicago.gifnl_1959_losangeles.gif

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im watching the game, and i really cannot tell the difference between the dodger's away uniforms, and the throwbacks that they are wearing

This is what theie current road jersey:

capt.moez10806170334.dodgers_royals_moez108.jpg

This is what the Dodgers are wearing tonight.

r937592698.jpg

No white outling around Los Angeles and no Dodgers logo on the sleeve

I saw, I came, I left.

Not to mention the Dodgers numbers are way huge on this throwback in comparison to their current unis.

I like 'em...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The White Sox know how to do a TBTC game right. After all, they invented the idea back in '90, wearing their regular-season 1917 threads. And every time since then, their throwbacks have been extremely accurate. One exception: a game in Toronto a few years back, when their 1977 throwback unis had to be scrapped at the last minute because their "pajama" tops - designed to be worn with the top hanging out - were improperly made and cut too small. But the Jays wore the wrong number font on their throwbacks for that game, so I guess it all balances out.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The White Sox know how to do a TBTC game right...their throwbacks have been extremely accurate.  One exception: a game in Toronto a few years back, when their 1977 throwback unis had to be scrapped at the last minute because their "pajama" tops - designed to be worn with the top hanging out - were improperly made and cut too small.

Another exception, when the White Sox wore 1983 throwbacks two years back, they used the current font for the jersey number and names...

Regarding the Toronto miscue, I'm pretty sure it's the home teams' responsibility to supply the throwbacks, so that wasn't the White Sox fault.

But I was very impressed by tonights Sox unis...creme color, baggy fit and accurate batting helmets. I think most of the players wore the stirrups correctly too.

The White Sox know how to do a TBTC game right. After all, they invented the idea back in '90, wearing their regular-season 1917 threads. And every time since then, their throwbacks have been extremely accurate. One exception: a game in Toronto a few years back, when their 1977 throwback unis had to be scrapped at the last minute because their "pajama" tops - designed to be worn with the top hanging out - were improperly made and cut too small. But the Jays wore the wrong number font on their throwbacks for that game, so I guess it all balances out.

I was there and disappointed, expecting to see those white sox unis in action... oddly enough they wore the 1977 cap with the 2001 alternate, looked funky.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Phillies have always done a thorough job with TBTCs. Maybe it's because Mitchell & Ness is based here, but the Phils have gone back as far as 1915, but they've always done the little things - appropriate helmets, stirrups, fonts, zippers - faithfully to the way things were. I wish most teams were as attentive to detail as... well, as we are.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

A few years ago when the Phils did the 80's throwbacks, I believe they used the regular red bp helmets. Also, they used rounded names like most teams use today rather than the arched Braves-style names that they really used back in the 80's.

The last time they did the '80s throwbacks, they had maroon helmets. And one time they did an early '70s throwbacks, and they correctly left the last names off and used the red helmets.

And you are right about the time they did not use the Braves-style vertical arch last names. But that's the only glitch I can recall for all the times they've had TBTC games.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived