Cardinals Road Script Concept

BallWonk

This occurred to me while watching the bird feeder the other morning. What about putting female cardinals on the Cardinals' road uniforms? (And changing the script to "St. Louis," natch.) Female cardinals are sort of the road gray of the species.

cards-female.png

20082614447.png

This occurred to me while watching the bird feeder the other morning. What about putting female cardinals on the Cardinals' road uniforms? (And changing the script to "St. Louis," natch.) Female cardinals are sort of the road gray of the species.

cards-female.png

Cool, I had always thought about doing that to their logo. Great job.

Might look something more like this:

cards-funigray.png

or

cards-funipowder.png

The birds are a darker gray than any current MLB road uniform, and that gray probably ought to have a bit more red in it anyway, from a strictly ornithological perspective, which would increase the contrast a bit anyway.

20082614447.png

The gray cardinal doesn't pop off the road jerseys the way the red cardinals do.

And I don't know if the Cardinals' players would warm to the idea of taking the field with girl birds on their uniforms.

I applaud the effort and the execution, and the rationale behind it, but I can't say I am a fan.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It was odd seeing this post as it's the first time I've seen anyone else use my template besides me.That being said great job!

Your template is actually pretty common of late. I've used it a couple of times (and referred folks to you when they ask about it) and there was a whole thread of someone doing every team in his fantasy baseball league. That thread rocked.

I've actually substituted a cap from a different template onto yours, but uniform-wise yours is by far my favorite of all baseball templates. The ease with which you can alter it - take off the shirt-sleeves to make vests, take off the stirrups, recolor the piping, etc., is awesome. Thanks again for sharing it!

20082614447.png

It was odd seeing this post as it's the first time I've seen anyone else use my template besides me.That being said great job!

Your template is actually pretty common of late. I've used it a couple of times (and referred folks to you when they ask about it) and there was a whole thread of someone doing every team in his fantasy baseball league. That thread rocked.

I've actually substituted a cap from a different template onto yours, but uniform-wise yours is by far my favorite of all baseball templates. The ease with which you can alter it - take off the shirt-sleeves to make vests, take off the stirrups, recolor the piping, etc., is awesome. Thanks again for sharing it!

Wow!

Thanks so much for the kinds words :) I'm literally in awe that something I created has gotten so much play and I didnt even realize it!!It was a B$&CH at times to do because that was my whole point:Do as much work as possible NOW so that when a concept is done it can almost do itself,and low and behold that's what I was able to do.I didnt even realize anyone had noticed the socks/stirrups option...subtle but it's there.I also had to make the undershirt sleeves be easily removable and also match the contours of the shadows of the jersey sleeves so that they would'nt clutter each other.

Even though I didnt come up with the football template that most of us use,I did the same thing to it by making the helmet color as a solid object rather than having to color seperate pieces,and also with the shoes and other small things too length to mention.

My newest one is the soccer one,which I'm suprised no one has noticed so far.All it is is a take-off of my baseball temp.

I've been working for 5 months in silence(until now)on a full-bodied hockey and hockey goalie temp that I'm hoping has the same impact as the baseball one.A basketball one is also planned.My concepts may be VERY few and far between but I'm able to get huge satisfaction from lending my creation to someone else's art :)

98Falcons.png

I grew up in St. Louis in the 80's, and I would LOVE for the sky blue unis to make a comeback. If they did, however, it would only look right if they ditched the current road caps and wore the red caps for home AND away.

Markar14...A Cubs fan calling the Cards losers? ^_^

I don't think the gray on the birds work at all, simply because they're Cardinals, but the wordmark is excellent.

That's just it; BallWonk is ornithologically correct using gray cardinals. Female birds tend to be fairly blandly colored. Males are brightly colored as a secondary sexual characteristic - the brighter the colors, the healthier the male, the more suitable for breeding. Or so goes the apparent bird train of thought.

(I should've just left it at "girl cardinals are gray", I think...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived