Twins Re-design

another post talked about ideas for a new Twins BP jersey - here is my uni re-design...ressurecting the light blue:

twins re-design

hope that links works, as i'm kind of a greenhorn...

input?

to give credit where it is due, my gray away jesey borrows lettering/ numbering from an earlier concept by boardmember lmupepbander from his Twins concept. sorry for any confusion and/or hard feelings - i realize i had omitted that in my initial post.

-Ryan

I love the Minnesota script on the roadies and the homes are very solid as well. The colors don't seem to work well together on the hat. But great start and :welcome: aboard.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I love the move back to the old Twins script. I've long been in favor of a move back to that.

I don't see the light blue. Lots of grey, which i don't care for, but no light blue.

I'm a big fan of the unis they wore when they first moved to Minnesota and wore during the '65 world series. I also love the old powder blues, though I wouldn't advocate moving back to the double-knits.

But overall I like the concept.

the jersey on the top middle is the gray, the lower left are the light blue, unfortunately it's so small that differences must be difficult to distinguish. that hat designs were just experiments - i just made a bunch of 'em. as for the picture itself - i just uploaded a .bmp from my work PC that i composed in ms paint. for some reason they are really small. if anyone has any tips on posting pictures or changing paint files into jpg's that would be awesome, so then you guys could actually see the design w/o squinting. i'm just more used to working with my Mac. thanks for the welcome and the input so far. looks like there are a few twins fans here, good to see.

Nice looking concept. I agree the "Minnesota" script looks great on a road jersey for the Twins. I have always liked that look after seeing the same script on the team jackets from the 1960's and early 1970's.

I would love to see the Twins to change back to the old script font on the front of the jerseys. Not to start copying other clubs. It would be neat to see the home pinstripes on a cream colored uniform similar to the Giants.

back again, i tweaked the design to incorporate stpmn's idea of a old-school cream color on the home uni's. also changed the light blue alt's and tried to make the overall image a little bigger.

Edited Twins Re-Design

sorry, just checked and image unfortunately isn't any bigger than before.

Man, those are beautiful. Just beautiful. Exactly what the Twins should use. Maybe they'd consider something like this if they ever move into a new ballpark.

This longtime Twins fan agrees with gosioux that the Twins should go back to their original script.

And I do like the Minnesota in script on the visiting uniforms. That was the same type of script worn on their jackets in the 1960s and, I believe, '70s.

But I never liked the cap with the red main part (whatever that is called) and the blue bill. And the gray, or light blue, for the main part looks horrible. But I always did kind of like the blue main part with a red bill -- that's not bad at all and could be used for visiting uniforms.

Archived