Boston Red Sox Concept

Audiodrama

i'd prefer the other red sox script... the one in the concept looks like the replica jersey font, and not the authentic one. other than that, i like it.

i prefer the road jerseys as they are, to be honest, but other than that, i really like this concept.

Thank you, for leaving a good idea intact and not overdoing it. The Red Sox are identifiable for the set they have now and to completely reinvent the wheel would be a major step backward.

My only suggestion would be to put the stripes back on the stirrups. Such a great idea, lost to time and current fashion trends.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The RED and the SOX are too far apart IMO.

But otherwise a great concept.

But that's how it is on their actual jerseys, as well.

Had the Sox not already achieved uniform perfection (in my opinion), these would be great, minus the patches. However, I do think they're a step back from their current uniforms (not by much, though).

IUe6Hvh.png

I have no problems with these. However, as far as road uniforms go, I most like the ones Boston had, say 10 years ago or so (the Jim Rice era), where it simply said "BOSTON" in unoutlined navy block letters. It was the ultimate in simplicity I I usually don't like overly simple concepts, but I liked them.

LT

I have no problems with these. However, as far as road uniforms go, I most like the ones Boston had, say 10 years ago or so (the Jim Rice era), where it simply said "BOSTON" in unoutlined navy block letters. It was the ultimate in simplicity I I usually don't like overly simple concepts, but I liked them.

LT

Those uniforms were almost carbon copies of their rivals' road jerseys (minus the Yankees' white outlines around the lettering/numbering and the stripes on the sleeve ends). I'm glad they came up with this road set to make a more striking separation from the Yankees. And for a team names the Red Sox to have virtually no red in their uniforms is weird to say the least.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I have no problems with these.  However, as far as road uniforms go, I most like the ones Boston had, say 10 years ago or so (the Jim Rice era), where it simply said "BOSTON" in unoutlined navy block letters.  It was the ultimate in simplicity I I usually don't like overly simple concepts, but I liked them.

LT

Those uniforms were almost carbon copies of their rivals' road jerseys (minus the Yankees' white outlines around the lettering/numbering and the stripes on the sleeve ends). I'm glad they came up with this road set to make a more striking separation from the Yankees. And for a team names the Red Sox to have virtually no red in their uniforms is weird to say the least.

Didn't they have red on their socks (stirrups) with that set. In any case, point well taken regarding their similarity to NYY. I still think that, "appropriateness" aside, they did look good in their own right.

LT

Didn't they have red on their socks (stirrups) with that set. In any case, point well taken regarding their similarity to NYY. I still think that, "appropriateness" aside, they did look good in their own right.

LT

Yes, I believe the stirrups were red at home and on the road (that should be required, given their nickname). But the stirrups and the "B" on the cap was all the red that the road uniforms had through the 1980s. Which is far too little for a team named the Red Sox, notwithstanding the more-than-passing resemblance to the Yanks' road sets.

2007nleastchamps.png

I'd like that the initial R (Red Sox) hadn't any inner circle. It's for the official logo, yes, but not for the jersey scripting.

GO SOX!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived