Tim Brown a Raider Agian

bigcoyotes

Emmitt Smith did it so he could retire a Cowboy.

Mike Pringle did it so he could retire a Montreal Alouette.

Thurman Thomas did it so he could retire a Bill.

Brian Mitchell did it so he could retire a Redskin.

It's widely speculated that when Jerry Rice does actually retire, he will do it so he can retire a 49er.

That's all the examples I can come up with right now, but it's certainly not unprecedented.

I don't really care for the one-day contract. It's just for are players that couldn't "hang em up" when they should have and wind up going to another team to somewhat tarnish their career. I hate when players do that. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

I don't really care for the one-day contract. It's just for are players that couldn't "hang em up" when they should have and wind up going to another team to somewhat tarnish their career. I hate when players do that. <_<

I agree Tim Browns career ended as a Buc, Emmitt Smiths career ended as a Cardinal these 1-day deals are meaningless.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

1 day deals are very common. Just with the Eagles, William Thomas, Seth Joyner, Keith Byars, and I think even Randall have done it. Doug Glanville signed a multi-hour contract with the Phillies a couple weeks ago just to retire.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't mind the 1-day contracts.

It's far more dignified than what NHL players do... sign a 3-year deal so they can retire a Ranger.

ITs called a pension paln retire on what the Rangers overpay you.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I remember Steve Atwater and Dennis Smith doing it with the Broncos.

Where else did Dennis Smith play? I thought he was remained a Bronco til the end of his career.

6uXNWAo.png

Where else did Dennis Smith play? I thought he was remained a Bronco til the end of his career.

He played for a few more teams after the Broncos, I'm trying to find them, I only know the Falcons for sure, I'm not sure who else he played for, I just know there was at least one other team.

He played for a few more teams after the Broncos, I'm trying to find them, I only know the Falcons for sure, I'm not sure who else he played for, I just know there was at least one other team.

I came up with this site and it tells me he spent all 14 years of his career in Denver.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=833

6uXNWAo.png

Archived