Sidney Crosby

youcan'tseeme

Out of all the NHL franchises which has the most to gain by getting Crosby? The Pittsburgh Penguins! If Pittsburgh can get the first pick the franchise is safe. imagine Lemieux centering Crosby and Reachi ( that's right Mark Reachi signed with the Pens). the would be old generation playing with the new. The last great playing with a new great. So as much as i want the Leafs to get him :flagcanada: , Pittsburgh needs him, and if they get him I'll be happy. i don't want the Pens to fold there a NEXT SIX. Good luck Pens in the lottery.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of all the NHL franchises which has the most to gain by getting Crosby? The Pittsburgh Penguins! If Pittsburgh can get the first pick the franchise is safe. imagine Lemieux centering Crosby and Reachi ( that's right Mark Reachi signed with the Pens). the would be old generation playing with the new. The last great playing with a new great. So as much as i want the Leafs to get him :flagcanada: , Pittsburgh needs him, and if they get him I'll be happy. i don't want the Pens to fold there a NEXT SIX. Good luck Pens in the lottery.

I wish I had your optimism about the Pens survival in the 'Burgh....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Are you a Pens fan?

untitled-6.jpg

Are you a Pens fan?

Rangers fan here....but I have a healthy respect for everything Mario's done to try and keep the Pens in the 'Burgh...

Unfortunately, I just don't see it continuing on there much longer...not without a new arena to replace the Igloo. And seeing the state of Pennsylvania's not willing to spend more money on a 5th sports facility project (the state had a pretty big hand in the building of Citizens Bank Park and Lincoln Financial Field in Philly and Heinz Field and PNC Park in the 'Burgh), the odds aren't looking that good.

I want the Pens to stay where they are, but I'm not too hopeful of their chances...even with the new CBA and even if they manage to land El Sid.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

personally I can see him in a Coyotes Uniform, think about it. Gretzky as head coach and Crosby as his young superstar. That would make plenty of money with the Great One and the Future One on the same team

Any team in the league would love to have Crosby, but I think he would best serve either a team in Canada, or a struggling team in a non-traditional hockey market (i.e., Atlanta, Florida, Carolina, etc.).

Canadians already know and idolize Crosby, and if any Canadian team were lucky enough to win the lottery and get him, I think they would see an automatic and immediate spike in attendance. Forget feeling betrayed by the lockout; people just want to see this kid play.

In a non-traditional hockey market, Crosby may not be as well-known, but he is still someone to build around and someone whose amazing skills can be marketed to fans. It may be a slower build than in Canada, but I think eventually that team will also see an increase in attendance.

But I like the idea of him going to Pittsburgh as well. Like you say, seeing him, Lemieux and Recchi on a line together, with Marc-Andre Fleury in net and all the other high draft picks the Pens have had in recent years around them, would be great.

Whether Crosby can singlehandedly save the franchise, like Lemieux pretty much did in the 80s, is a longshot. They still desparately need a new arena, and unless he goes out there and starts laying bricks himself, it may not be enough.

I think the Devils. Parise should be in the NHL this season add him with Crosby and the other young talent the Devils have. They could possibly become one of the all around greatest teams ever. Broduer in net, Niedermeyer, and Martin on the blueline (with Stevens for another year), Crosby, Parise, Elias, and Gomez and fowards. I think you would have one of the best young exciting teams in the league which is what the league needs. Doesn't matter which market it is in (The Devils however are in the NY market). The Oilers in the 80's helped hockey greatly and they were in Edmonton. And on top of that they are getting a new arena in a few years.

But that is from my unbiased opinion. B)

From what I hear, any team would benefit.

But I will be stunned if he does not end up on the Rangers. The NHL knows their marketing problems right now. They pretty much have to get him in New York.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

From what I hear, any team would benefit.

But I will be stunned if he does not end up on the Rangers. The NHL knows their marketing problems right now. They pretty much have to get him in New York.

I doubt the lottery will be fixed. Every owner wants Crosby, if the Bettman fixed the lottery and it leaked out he would have 29 angry owners at him and he is already on thin ice.

I think you would have one of the best young exciting teams in the league which is what the league needs.

But that is from my unbiased opinion. B)

Hmmm... New Jersey Devils, an exciting team??

I find hard to believe that a team that put so much emphasis on defense can be called exciting. Sorry to burst your bubble but when the Devils are on TV, I change the channel because they are so boring to watch...

No offense though, they would really have a great young team on paper, that's for sure.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Sabres, Rangers, and Columbus have the best chance to get him with 3 balls, the rest with 2, and others with 1. My gut feeling is he will end up with Rangers.

People let me remind you that Lindros and Daigle have been called the Next One as well. Why cant we compare Daigle and Lindros to Crosby? Wasnt Lindros labelled as "the next one?" Wasnt Daigle supposed to be the one that was going to dethrone the great one? I seem to remember all those accolades being sprouted, just like they are being said about Crosby and they havent amounted to much. Daigle was a flop to massive proportions. Lindros? Yes, injuries hampered what could have been a much better career, but even before his concussions, he wasnt taking away any records for the great ones.

Im not taking anything away from Sidney. He is an excellent player and a good kid. He will turn heads no matter what happens, guaranteed. But, we can compare him to Gretzky all we want, but it means nothing until he laces them up with the big boys. If he fails, which just *might* happen, it will be no different than the previous players who didnt live up to their billing. Or, Crosby will flash and dash and just *might* be the real "next one."

I'll wait to watch his first 15 games in the nhl before I make my call on him.

Little known fact, Crosby and Paraise played at the same High School/Prep school.

Fantasy Guru, the first person to call Crosby "The Next Great One" was "The Great One" himself Wayne Gretzky. So you never know the Xoyotes could have him, but again you never know

I'd love to have him (I'm a Pens Fan) but we won't win the lotto, pay him if we do get him, or we'll just fold or move as a franchise. I don't understand why they won't buy a new arena. You can use it most of the year with things like concerts, etc. unlike Heinz which gets used by the Steelers and the Panthers a total of about 16 times a year.

KISSwall09.jpg

3 balls in the lottery: Rangers, Penguins, Sabres, and Jackets--6.25% chance each

2 balls: Ducks, Thrashers, Flames, Canes, Hawks, Oilers, KINGS, Wild, Preds, Yotes--4.17% chance each

The 16 others have 1 ball each and a 2.08% chance to get the first pick.

Just FYI :D

teamsnew2.png

Don't count out Columbus; imagine the line of Nash on the left, Crosby at centre and Zherdev on the right! They would tear up the NHL in a few years.

I think if he landed in the hands of any Canadian team, all hell would break loose. I can only pray nightly that he will play for Ottawa. (On a related note, I'm going to the Entry Draft, so I get to see the man himself put on his first NHL jersey! :hockeysmiley: )

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

He would be best in a market where it would take something extra to get the fans back. So no "big" teams like Detroit or Colorado, and no Canadian teams. Those fans will come back all on their own. Nashville, Phoenix, Florida, somewhere like that. For some reason, my gut says it will be St. Louis. :blink:

3 balls in the lottery: Rangers, Penguins, Sabres, and Jackets--6.25% chance each

2 balls: Ducks, Thrashers, Flames, Canes, Hawks, Oilers, KINGS, Wild, Preds, Yotes--4.17% chance each

The 16 others have 1 ball each and a 2.08% chance to get the first pick.

Just FYI :D

That may be true in the draft lottery but come playoff time it seems there are teams with no balls *cough*Toronto*cough*

remember when NY needed a baskeball superstar and they had the Patrick "frozen envelope" Ewing draft/////my money says that the NYRangers wind up with Sid Vicious...at least i'll be able to see him a ton then

FishNChips_200.jpg

Archived