Another S82 designs concept

GameCock82

I like the idea, but have some suggestions to improve it.

The outline around the ball is a little too thick. I get that the ball is the face, but the thick outline almost makes it look like just a ball.

The afro pick should show the beginnings of the "teeth." Maybe just three or four extra lines could pull this off.

The letter "F" in Funk looks odd. Almost like an E at first glance.

Nice start!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agreed with Vet's comments.

Also, perhaps work on the basketball a bit. I don't know if you were going for the extremely basic look, but inaccurate basketballs in designs tend to rub me the wrong way. You may want to tighten up the striping pattern on the ball, as well as introduce the typical ABA alternating colour panels.

Must say the logo did bring a smile to my face. Nicely done there. :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yo, I'm feelin' the groove with this one GC82 - This is far out man :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Nicely done on the basketball fixup. My only remaining comment would be to make the basketball's outline the same weight as its striping.

Good to see someone build directly off the feedback. Well done, GameCock82.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Love the idea, and the execution. I am seconding McCall's idea of thick, George Foster-like muttonchop sideburns. Badass '70s look.

For a secondary - put the NYC on the hairpick. Or a musical note. Or a NYC skyline. There's plenty to draw from with your city/name combo. Go nuts with it!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The pick and the ball are both 100% improved. I still think the ball needs a thinner outline, though. Maybe the thickness of the outline around the text.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A few thoughts about secondary and tertiary designs that could come out of your primary

- NYF instead of NYC (twist it with the Funk moniker)

- work with the Fro comb, mold it to make an F, then use that sticking out of the ball itself for a secondary

I do like your F that you used. It fits the of what your design represents. A suggestion for you primary, instead of 'leaning' the fro, try making it just a larger circle around the top of the basketball. don't make it too big, you may find less hair is a better look

Archived