Real Life WHA

youcan'tseeme

Grand Lux, Inc. Signs Letter of Intent to Purchase World Hockey Association Corporation

ORLANDO, FL -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 07/18/2005 -- Grand Lux Inc. (OTC: GRDX), today announced that it has signed an letter of intent (LOI) with World Hockey Association Corporation to purchase the company for stock. Upon completion, the present board of directors of Grand Lux, Inc. will resign and be replaced by the directors of World Hockey Association, which includes among others R. (Butch) Goring and Robert Marvin Hull.

Grand Lux, Inc. will be spinning out all current assets into Marinas International Inc. and will provide Grand Lux, Inc. shareholder a one (1) share dividend of Marinas International Inc., for every ten (10) shares of GRDX. The Marinas International Inc. new symbol and dates will be announced in the near future as they become available.

About Grand Lux, Inc.

Grand Lux, Inc. is a company that focuses on upscale real estate development around the world. Its emphasis is on building marinas for large yachts, being 160 feet and above, and developing and pre-selling real estate whether condos or villas to the yacht owners. The benefits of our company offerings are manifold. It is a recession-proof industry and many yacht owners have already expressed a strong interest in purchasing berths in the marinas. Thus, appropriate real estate will be developed to meet their needs.

Safe Harbor Forward-Looking Statements

Statements contained in this release that are not strictly historical are "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The forward-looking statements are made based on information available as of the date hereof, and the company assumes no obligation to update such forward-looking statements. Editors and investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements invoke risk and uncertainties and the company's actual results may differ from these forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include but are not limited to demand for the company's products and services, our ability to continue to develop markets, general economic conditions, our ability to secure additional financing for the company and other factors that may be more fully described in reports to shareholders and periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Jonathan McPherson

10151 University Blvd.

Orlando, Florida 32617

Phone: 212-561-0762

Email: Email Contact

untitled-6.jpg

Actually guys, from the way I read it, the WHA wasn't sold; it just became a publicly traded company.

ORLANDO, FL -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 07/18/2005 -- Grand Lux Inc. (OTC: GRDX), today announced that it has signed an letter of intent (LOI) with World Hockey Association Corporation to purchase the company for stock.

Why would it be a stock-only transaction if the WHA were being acquired? The WHA theoretically is worthless, whereas Grand Lux is a publicly traded, seemingly somewhat valuable company. Why would Grand Lux devalue its own stock via buying the WHA with a stock-only deal?

Upon completion, the present board of directors of Grand Lux, Inc. will resign and be replaced by the directors of World Hockey Association, which includes among others R. (Butch) Goring and Robert Marvin Hull.

Here's the clincher - the WHA's board is the surviving board. If it were just a purchase, the existing board would get booted. It almost always goes that way.

Grand Lux, Inc. will be spinning out all current assets into Marinas International Inc. and will provide Grand Lux, Inc. shareholder a one (1) share dividend of Marinas International Inc., for every ten (10) shares of GRDX.

Another thing that points toward this not being just a normal purchase. If it were, why spin-off their non-WHA assets?

Nope. This smells of an attempt to take the WHA public folks. Whether or not it works, we shall see.

nav-logo.png

Next up for the WHA - merger talks with the ABA.

And crappy Logos to boot. What a mess :wacko:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

They had a chance that most upstart leagues only dream about- their long-established rivals were out of commision for an entire season. You could not have asked for a better chance if God himself owed you a favor.

Those involved in the WHA and anyone else who ever offered to bring us a new hockey league should sit down and shut up. Bluster is worse than a failed attempt. If you cannot take advantage of an industry market when the demand is not being supplied at all then how do you ever expect to compete when there is an established and accepted business to compete with? To use the old cliche "You've gotta strike when the iron's hot"

This league (or any other proposed league) could have had huge hockey markets all to themselves, and any market they could not establish a franchise in would have watched it on television as there was nothing else. People would have invesed money in its establishment, good players out of work would have invested a chance to play, television and radio networks would have invested programing time to fill the void, companies would have invested a chance to advertise, and fans would have invested both money and loyalty. Even if they didn't end up replacing the NHL altogether they could have found a niche. But the time for that has passed and most if not all of those left in the lurch by the NHL's absense have gone back to them now that the stoppage is all but over.

Timing aside, this league wasn't looking that promising anyway between their questionable marketing and their even more questionable choices of some of thier potential cities. Why on earth would you go to small and/or warm cities when the largest and greatest hockey markets on earth are left wanting? I've come to the conclusion that collectivly I think many of us on these boards could run a sports league better. :hockeysmiley:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

The WHA had a pooch.

They screwed it.

And for feck's sake, the "Nordiks"?

Come on now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know one thing, if I was gonna start a new football league and I knew the NFL and NFLPA weren't seeing eye to eye for whatever reason, I'm startin up training camp the day the NFL's supposed to. The WHA shoulda gone when the light was green, as previously said. shoot, now the light's turned red, they lost their one shot.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well I'm going to come to the WHA defense here for a minute. Yes it would have been great had they started up when they could. However it probably wasn't possible to start when the NHL started. One thing they couldn't sign players before the lockout happened. Second is Arena availability. This is the big thing. The NHL locked up all the arenas and the non-nhl ones had at least AHL or couldn't hold hockey. That's why the Detroit team was supposed to play in the Silver dome. Even during the lockout they couldn't get the arenas just in case the NHL ended nor could they get them with enough time to start. Plus, a lot of the arenas are owned and operated by NHL owners. Davidson the Tampa owner owns the Palace in Auburn Hills thus that wasn't an option and again the detroit team had to go to the silver dome. Not ever city has an extra option like Detroit. In order for it to be succesfull they needed to get everything arranged at least 2 years before instead of the months before like they did.

Archived