Manny wants out of Boston...

Titanium Eagle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may want out, but he's also got that insane contract....

Remember, the Sox put the ManRam on waivers after the 03 season and he didn't get claimed....

The ONLY way they're gonna be able to move him is if the Sox eat a lot of that contract, which is something I don't see The Boy Genius GM doing...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I can see him in navy blue pinstripes with an NY on his chest. The Red Sox won't trade him there but once he becomes a FA he might go to the Yankees. He grew up in that area and has previously talked about playing for the Yankees in the future.

As a Red Sox fan, I'm always grateful to Manny Ramirez. He was one of the key players of the 2004 World Series Champions.

If he wants to go to NY, let him go... nobody is Gilgamesh in Boston.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

As much as he's worth, they can't trade him. If they do, then Ortiz will want out, and then Millar, and then probably Bellhorn, and other great players on their team. It will be a cycle!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I can see him in navy blue pinstripes with an NY on his chest. The Red Sox won't trade him there but once he becomes a FA he might go to the Yankees. He grew up in that area and has previously talked about playing for the Yankees in the future.

The article says he wants out because he has no privacy off of the field -- that won't be any different in NY. Besides, he wants to go and have fun, the article says, he can't have that kind of fun in NY.

Manny will retire with the Red Sox, in my opinion. Nobody wants that contract, and the Red Sox probably don't want to eat part of it and take on another bad contract like they'd probably have to. And he only wants to play for three more years. That will take him up to 2008 and the Red Sox have him locked up until then with team options in 2009 and 2010.

As much as he's worth, they can't trade him. If they do, then Ortiz will want out, and then Millar, and then probably Bellhorn, and other great players on their team.

What's wrong with Millar and Bellhorn wanting out?

IUe6Hvh.png

The article says he wants out because he has no privacy off of the field -- that won't be any different in NY. Besides, he wants to go and have fun, the article says, he can't have that kind of fun in NY.

Ya want privacy, Manny? Go to the bathroom.

Or Tampa Bay. Whichever...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

As much as he's worth, they can't trade him. If they do, then Ortiz will want out, and then Millar, and then probably Bellhorn, and other great players on their team.

What's wrong with Millar and Bellhorn wanting out?

The Sox need Millar. IMO, he's the real captain of the team.

what the hell is ccslc?

He complains because he doesn't get enough playing time -- he's terrible at defense and is a waste of at-bats.

Edit -- I should clarify that I'm talking about Millar, not Manny. ^_^

Yet he keeps everyone loose in the clubhouse, has gotten Manny to talk to the media and become more social and playful, and has enstalled the word 'fun' into each and every player on that team.

what the hell is ccslc?

but he still sucks->  :puke:millar.jpg

Way to be the "most dedicated fan in the Red Sox nation"... :P

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The article says he wants out because he has no privacy off of the field -- that won't be any different in NY.  Besides, he wants to go and have fun, the article says, he can't have that kind of fun in NY.

Ya want privacy, Manny? Go to the bathroom.

Or Tampa Bay. Whichever...

Too bad Montreal's no longer an option ;)

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived