Busch Stadium III

Blackjack76

• 3 weeks later...
Gah, that looks awful. :blink:

I can't agree more. The new "stadium"(or shopping mall with a baseball field in the middle) is hideous. St. Louis has the only cookie cutter that ever looked any good. It looks like the Roman Coliseum. And inside, its pristine and beautiful. Nothing makes me madder than Bud Selig going around telling teams that theyll never get an all star game until they get a new stadium(stl's last was 1966 and houston, pittsburgh, and san francisco have all had 3 games in the 40 years since stl has last hosted. my theory is that Bud is still bitter about 1982.) but i digress. Busch is the most beautiful stadium in the majors and it is utterly reprehensible to replace it.

Gah, that looks awful.  :blink:

I can't agree more. The new "stadium"(or shopping mall with a baseball field in the middle) is hideous. St. Louis has the only cookie cutter that ever looked any good. It looks like the Roman Coliseum. And inside, its pristine and beautiful. Nothing makes me madder than Bud Selig going around telling teams that theyll never get an all star game until they get a new stadium(stl's last was 1966 and houston, pittsburgh, and san francisco have all had 3 games in the 40 years since stl has last hosted. my theory is that Bud is still bitter about 1982.) but i digress. Busch is the most beautiful stadium in the majors and it is utterly reprehensible to replace it.

I take it you've never been there. I went to a couple games at Busch 2 years ago and they need a new stadium. To me it was Shea Stadium filled out, and that's not a compliment.

I just meant the wordmark for the new stadium was awful. I love the fact they're building a new one. Busch wasn't bad, especially after they made the upgrades to it, but this new stadium should be great.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I just meant the wordmark for the new stadium was awful. I love the fact they're building a new one. Busch wasn't bad, especially after they made the upgrades to it, but this new stadium should be great.

I agree, I love current Busch, but Busch III is gonna be an amazing stadium.

I don't know how many of you have had a chance to see it in person yet, but so far Busch III...just wow....it's gonna be a great place to see a ball game.

I just meant the wordmark for the new stadium was awful.  I love the fact they're building a new one.  Busch wasn't bad, especially after they made the upgrades to it, but this new stadium should be great.

I agree, I love current Busch, but Busch III is gonna be an amazing stadium.

I don't know how many of you have had a chance to see it in person yet, but so far Busch III...just wow....it's gonna be a great place to see a ball game.

Trust me, if youre a diehard Cardinals fan, youll miss it. The novelty of the new park wears off quickly. Plus you have to deal with :censored:s checking out the stadium, the non-baseball fans. Youll get very annoyed with them. It will turn into more of a place to "hang out" than a place to watch a ball game. Most people I have talked to here, and all of the people I work with at the Phillies miss The Vet. Theyd rather have stayed there than Citizens Bank Park.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Trust me, if youre a diehard Cardinals fan, youll miss it. The novelty of the new park wears off quickly. Plus you have to deal with :censored:s checking out the stadium, the non-baseball fans. Youll get very annoyed with them. It will turn into more of a place to "hang out" than a place to watch a ball game. Most people I have talked to here, and all of the people I work with at the Phillies miss The Vet. Theyd rather have stayed there than Citizens Bank Park.

I don't know about that. St. Louis is a completely different baseball town than Philadelphia. Different types of fans, as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Gah, that looks awful.  :blink:

I take it you've never been there. I went to a couple games at Busch 2 years ago and they need a new stadium. To me it was Shea Stadium filled out, and that's not a compliment.

Actually I've been to over 100 games at Busch. Grass AND Astroturf. I still say it is the most beautiful park in the majors.

Busch II was retrofitted to look as best as it can.

Busch III will have the Arch behind centerfield. THAT is why it will look awesome.

This season, a slew of visitors have come to Busch II to pay their final respects. For the Cardinals, a paying ticket is a paying ticket. Just shows how many people (outside of St. Louis) like the Cardinals enough to travel there a catch a game.

And I have been to roughly 350 games at Busch II in my lifetime (70s-present), and it needs to go.

Cards.png

Not that it has anything to do with the font, but how are they going to build the rest of the new stadium into the footprint of the old one in 6 months? And has anything like that been done since Atlanta 1996?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Not that it has anything to do with the font, but how are they going to build the rest of the new stadium into the footprint of the old one in 6 months? And has anything like that been done since Atlanta 1996?

The Braves had 2/3 of the stadium built for them as the Olympic Stadium. Once the Olympics were over they lopped off half the oval and built the outfield seats.

The Reds had to do something similar when they tried to shoehorn the Great American Ballpark next to Riverfront Stadium. They got rid of most of the outfield bleachers and some of the playing field, then built a Green Monster-like outfield wall while they built GABP.

But neither case involved building on the exact previous footprint.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

back to the font, I was thinkin it bore a slight resemblance to the 94-99 Brewers font (though it's very slight now that I think about it)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The will continuew building it into the 06 season and will open at about 75% capacity. Check out the Cards site, they have info on it.

Archived