Is it just me?

Ramirez#24

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just you.

:D

Hope you realize I'm just funning. But sort of not too. There are so many things that are wrong and terrible. I choose to focus my energies on those and postulating solutions for them. With the goal being to reach what Detroit and a handful of other teams already have.  I think we here still love to see concepts for those teams...there is a Green Bay one on the board now...but if you're asking whether they need something......ummm, not for my money they don't.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I think the redwings need some updating. They have had the same jerseys since the early nintys. The logo is just so blan. Any one else have an opinion?

Do I ever. They are just so boring. At least the white has some contrast with the sleeves, but the reds are absolutley horrible. Of course, while I really do think the reds are terrible, that team can't do anything to look good in my eyes.

I don't like the red jersey. It may be classic, but it also is bad. I don't care for the home either, but the road is worse. Granted, I hate the red wings.

I did these a while ago as alternate jersey ideas.

Unis

Yes they are boring, and yes red is not a choice color to use on an entire sweater, but I think they have done a nice job with it, and should stay with what they have. And although I am a Dallas Stars fan, and I have been programed to dislike teams like Detroit :angry:, I like their uniforms. They have kept it simple and clean, which in my book is a great uniform to have. If they do ever decide to change, I hope they try to keep a classic look, and not go with a design that will distract from the logo.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

Nike tried to update the look after their first cup in the 1990's. The primary logo was a Black "d" with a dark red wing extending from the side. I have one of the hats that Nike put out. Fan backlash was so large, they cancelled the plans.

BRice16

You all are.... Are you all insane?

I hate the Red Wings personally, but those jerseys are classics. Beautiful. Like a Mozart piece or Beethoven.... simply beautiful as it is... no extra work needed....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

No, I don't have a pic, if I can ever get to the digital camera at work i'll take a pic for you. The wing extends from the right side of the "D" and is kind of a 3-d "coming at you" looking thing. It's not as detailed as the current wing. I contacted the people at NHLUniforms.com to ask them if they had ever seen it, but never got a reply.

I saw one of the t-shirts on ebay a couple of months ago. I'm not sure they ever revealed the jersey. I know they recalled the hats and shirts from the stores that still had them like a week after they were released.

BRice16

admitted wing hater, and admitted that i hate that wisconsin uses a similar look in hockey.  while i do hate their uniform, it is a classic look that, texas tech numerals for one year notwithstanding, has been here to stay.  bad team to model your team's uniform after *coughkarmanoscough* but traditional nonetheless.  

so, it's just you.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well, I LOVE the Red Wings, and I agree that sometimes you just don't mess with a classic.

Typcially, I feel nothing is sacred and every design should be reconsidered, but when it works it works. It's like all the debate over whether the Cleveland Browns need a helmet logo -- some of the designs I've seen are pretty good, but none of them really work.

Misterhabs

I've never considered the Wings' look "ugly."  Sure, it's a bit on the simplistic side, but I find myself siding with the traditionalists here.  I can't imagine the Wings changing to anything else, much like I couldn't imagine the Canadiens changing jerseys.

The Wings' logo is definitely one of the best in hockey, though, but not as cool as the Bluenote.  :cool:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The bluenote is.... ohhh.. I love that logo.... i want to Marry that jersey.....

Are you mocking me? :D

I doubt it.  I seem to recall the King having good things to say about the winged note in the past.

And what a logo it is - a rather happy accident in fact since the crest on the team's prototype jerseys (hideous monstrosities in any era - I might add) used a simple eighth note.  Thankfully someone else brought the idea of a musical note with a wing rather than a flag to the team's ownership and it was immediately adopted as the Blues' logo.  As my avatar suggests, I love the Bluenote and there are fewer sights in the St. Louis area that please me more than when hockey season rolls around and Market Street (one of the main drags downtown which also runs directly behind the Savvis Center) is lined with Bluenote flags on all of the lampposts.  It's a really cool sight.

Archived