Concept Hall of Fame

StLsportsfan

I've only been here for a little while and I want to see which are your all time favorite concepts, whether you created it or not. I've seen a lot of concepts here but this tigers concept is my favorite.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...21631&hl=tigers

Provide a link with your post to the logo's thread.

(Logos created by designers using creativity-enhancing steroids will not be permitted into the Concept Hall of Fame.) :P

I'd actually have to say that this may not be such a bad idea. Maybe at the end of each year, we can nomnate concepts that are worthy of a "Hall of Fame". The concepts for each year must have been posted that year. Anyone else got comments?

I think there's something already like this....

IIRC, I think somebody runs an NCAA Hoops-inspired tourney using the top concepts of the year....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I like the idea. Something a little different than the march madness bracket. Everyone posting their favorite concepts they've seen on the boards. It would give us all a chance to revisit some of the great work and see what other people's tastes are.

This idea has been bantered about a few times.

It could potentially work, but like with contests that seek to establish the best designer, there are always those who feel somewhat slighted. This isn't a sport where an impartial scoreboard determines the winner or loser... is it worth finding the subjectively-classified best if it means discouraging some of the subjectively-classified borderliners?

It might be interesting if a single person (or select group of people) who hold a position of power around here (like Creamer or a group designated by him) would pick their favourite concept(s) of a certain time period (say monthly or quarterly) and highlight them in a sort of Hall of Fame.

Otherwise, I don't think there would be many members here who would have the necessary respect or authority to make this happen and have it be viewed as a legitimate honour by the board population.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I understand what Syphi's saying. While a concept "Hall of Fame" would be nice for individual concepts only, not the designer, maybe temporarily changing the title of this thread to "favorite concepts" would work for the mean time and be nearly just as fun.

I've only been here for a little while and I want to see which are your all time favorite concepts, whether you created it or not. I've seen a lot of concepts here but this tigers concept is my favorite.

(Logos created by designers using creativity-enhancing steroids will not be permitted into the Concept Hall of Fame.) :P

That tigers concept is sexy but what about the actual artist being inducted into the Hall. I nominate myself! :D

No actually i nominate Against All Odds! Anything he does is normally amazing!

untitled-6.jpg

(Logos created by designers using creativity-enhancing steroids will not be permitted into the Concept Hall of Fame.)  :P

That tigers concept is sexy but what about the actual artist being inducted into the Hall. I nominate myself! :D

No actually i nominate Against All Odds! Anything he does is normally amazing!

i second that motion! :P

But I like the idea of having a vote for best concept of the year. And that Tigers logo would definitely be up there.

I like the idea of a Hall of Fame of some kind. But clearly some of us haven't been around as others. I lurked for a year or two before I joined, and there've been a thousand after I joined, and I still haven't been registered here for a year.

The Hall of Fame would have to have a lot of wings, almost one for every major class of concept or contest run here - Throwback HOF, Crossover HOF, MSPaint only HOF.

Another idea would be a Year-End Awards Special. That way, instead of a HOF, people could be nominated (Rookie of the Year, Best Wordmark, Best Crossover). Hell, go all the way with it, and name the "trophies" accordingly, like the NHL does (Hart, Vezina, Masterson, Selke...).

Just another something people could brag about, fight about, and make into sigs! :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 1 year later...

Archived