2005 NFL Cuts, Signings

BCBoy

And so with the August 30th deadline for roster cut-off to 65 players and September 4th cut-off to 53 players some notables may be cut and will give teams BIG opportunities to revamp part of their team.

Notables So far:

Corey Simon has became a free agent after the Eagles took the Franchise tag off of him

JAX-cut WR Troy Edwards :cry:

DEN-cut Mo Clarett

And:

CHI signed QB Jeff Blake and FINALLY signed Cedric Benson (5 year deal)

KC signed QB Jonothan Quinn

Then there is the Koren Robinson, will a team take a chance on him?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GB cut Hannibal Navies and Matt O'Dwyer. Both somewhat surprising I think....

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Koren Robinson is facing a 4 game suspension whenever he is picked up, but he is just too damn talented for someone not to take a flyer on him. The Eagles, Chiefs, Falcons, and 49ers could all afford to at least take a chance with their receiveing cores.

I'm interested to see where some former starting QBs end up, if they get signed at all. Vinny Testeverde, Kordell Stewart, Jeff George, and Quincy Carter all still out there. I think all are decent backups. Hell, Jonathan Quinn and Jeff Blake have found jobs!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm interested to see where some former starting QBs end up, if they get signed at all. Vinny Testeverde, Kordell Stewart, Jeff George, and Quincy Carter all still out there. I think all are decent backups. Hell, Jonathan Quinn and Jeff Blake have found jobs!

Yeh, I'm interested to see where Quincy goes too. He's got tonnes of potential. I'm a big Shaun King fan as well. Hope he gets picked up by someone after being released by ther Arizona Cardinals. Kordell and Jeff George are done in my opinion. I see a 30% chance of someone taking Kordell but a 5% chance George will go anywhere.

The Bills waived ReShard Lee (Middle Tennessee State). He was signed as an undrafted free agent originally by the Cowboys and Parcells really liked his talent but could not grasp the playbook or something to that effect. He should have never left MT early. The Titans drafted Tyrone Calico in the 2nd round while both the star running back and quarterback left the same year he declared. Had he stayed he would have put up huge as THE only threat the Blue Raiders had that season. But some agent got in his ear and now he is hoping to latch onto a practice squad. Another unfortunate example of an athelete leaving school too early.

RobbyBox2.jpg

I think that the Bears won't win many games this year seeming that they've named

rookie QB Kyle Orton their starter........

It is better than what they had in Chad Hutchenson. Right now Orton is the best QB the bears have. The funniest thing is I'm betting Kurt Kittner makes the team and Hutch is out of Chicago by opening day.

Its not unpresidented for a unheralded QB to win games.

See Big Ben last year.

See Tom Brady.

Really with their good ground attack, good offensive line, good defense, and average recievers, the bears just need a QB that is average to stay out of the cellar of the NFL. The other thing the bears have going for them is the last Offensive Coordinator that did anything successful as OC was Ron Turner. He's back this season.

I'm not predicting the superbowl, but I'm in a much happier place that they've announced him the Starter and that Cedric Benson has signed.

Good thing Denver axed Maurice Clarett. He's a cancer and I don't anyone else in the NFL giving him a second chance. Hell, I don't see anyone in the CFL giving him a second chance.

As for Koren Robinson, he'll be a great pickup for whoever gets him. Yeah, there's the four game suspension, but it shouldn't reduce his value to whoever get him.

Good thing Denver axed Maurice Clarett. He's a cancer and I don't anyone else in the NFL giving him a second chance. Hell, I don't see anyone in the CFL giving him a second chance.

twenty bucks says he ends up in the arena league

As for Koren Robinson, he'll be a great pickup for whoever gets him. Yeah, there's the four game suspension, but it shouldn't reduce his value to whoever get him.

Clarett will definitely get picked up by one of these coaches who thinks he's smarter than all the others (Parcells, Billick, Martz, etc). He'll probably be bounced like a quarter in his second stop, too. I mean if *super-genius* Shanahan couldn't make him into a player, who can? :P

Koren Robinson's value is greatly reduced because the next suspension would be for an entire year. However, he's got great talent, or would if he could hold on to the football.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah, let's call the Clarett a cancer. Yeah, that's just great.

First off, he was not a cancer at Ohio St or Denver. Especially not Denver. Ohio St would have never won National Title if it wasn't for him. He didn't cause a problem in the locker room at either teams except he challenged a rule that is preventing him from working. They were not playing and he wasn't while that all went down.

He will end up on another team. Arena league is passing league, how many RB's make it from AFL to NFL? He would be a great player in the CFL if he went there. He would most likely dominate that league. He wouldn't dominate NFL Europe but be a starter.

The Tennessee Titans waived 10 players today: G Mike Erickson, QB Shane Boyd, K Jay Taylor, DT Joe Minucci, DE Shawn Johnson, DE Todd Bates, LB Travis Harris, CB Antoine Harris, WR Adrian Madise and WR Vincent Cartwright.

No surprises, if Boyd does not sign elsewhere I think the Titans will sign him to the practice squad due to his versatility.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Archived