2005 NFL Cuts, Signings

BCBoy

i think the reason price failed in atlanta is because of vick. If Michael wasnt a running Qb price would have kept his 1000 yard seasons. And keep in mind he had kurt kittner and doug johnson throwing him the ball for a season. So i think if he lands in a place with a good QB he should thrive and become one of the nfls better recievers.

IMHO Price failed because there wasn't a receiver on the Falcons like Eric Moulds, his Bills' teammate. Price was grossly overrated by the Atlanta brass. At the time, Moulds was a pro-bowl caliber receiver that drew double teams consistently leaving Price one-on-one with most teams' #2 corner. In Atlanta, Price was the "guy" and showed he wasn't up to the task. But with Price and Peter Warrick out there, looks like Philly, KC, NY, and Indy (remember Brandon Stokely is going to miss significant time) are all going to get a crack at upgrading their respective receiving corps.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Catchless Price is now Homeless Price. Good. Hopefully no one else wastes much time on him, unless he resigns to being the #2 receiver that he is. Philly might be a good fit.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Redskins give him a shot

Catchless Price is now Homeless Price. Good. Hopefully no one else wastes much time on him, unless he resigns to being the #2 receiver that he is. Philly might be a good fit.

He'd be a good fit with the 'Skins IMO but I think he'll end up with the Eagles because they have more cap space.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger shock over Billy Miller getting released. He was an above average TE. At least I think he was, I'm normally wrong on this stuff. :wacko:

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

He'd be a good fit with the 'Skins IMO but I think he'll end up with the Eagles because they have more cap space.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger shock over Billy Miller getting released. He was an above average TE. At least I think he was, I'm normally wrong on this stuff. :wacko:

No, I was quite surprised myself, because that means they've kept Marcellus Rivers

who played for the Giants last year, but didn't do that great. IMO Rivers is a good

player and he must've shown something in camp for the Texans to keep him around

instead of Billy Miller

Eagles will sign Darnerian McCants. Book it.

I'd think with the cap room they have, that the eagles would be better making a run at either Warrick or Price, rather than McCants. I mean, did you see how bad the Redskins offense was last season? McCants couldn't even crack that line-up...

You got that from ESPN right?

According to ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli, the Eagles are poised to add a veteran wide receiver to the roster, but it won't be Peerless Price or Peter Warrick, both of whom were released Tuesday by the Atlanta Falcons and Cincinnati Bengals, respectively. Instead, the Eagles huddled with veteran free agent Darnerian McCants on Wednesday, and plan to sign him after their Thursday preseason finale.

If you didn't then that was quite the coincidence

I'm happy about the Warrick signing, but how did the Seahawks go from not being able to catch the ball to one of the most dangerous wide receiving corps in the NFL. DJax is a very underrated receiver and will be one of the premiere wide receivers in the league this year. Engram, Warrick, Jurevicious, and Pathon will be fighting for time most likely Engram in the number two spot and Warrick in the slot. Either that or Warrick might take over number two slot and Engram take the slot. Pathon and Jurevicious will be coming in on big receiver sets or relieving the others cause of fatigue.

I'd think with the cap room they have, that the eagles would be better making a run at either Warrick or Price, rather than McCants. I mean, did you see how bad the Redskins offense was last season? McCants couldn't even crack that line-up...

Nah. You don't just get a #2 or #3 guy and plug him in with one week until opening day. Especially not with the "system" that the Eagles run (it is supposedly very difficult to pick up quickly, but I guess they all are.)

They only really need a depth guy. Someone who won't need to catch tons of passes. They are fine with the four they have (although they really have a 1-2-3 and a 6, but who's counting) but they do need someone to step in at 3 or 4 incase TO goes off again and gets suspended. They bump G-Lew up to 1, and Brown or the new guy up to 2. They won't be nearly as scary if that happens, but should still be good enough to contend in the NFC and possibly still win it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

premier WRs in the NFL this yr? What do you consider premier?

In the case of Darryl Jackson, premiere receiver means a talented, but inconsistent and underaching player that can't seem to keep from dropping the ball. He's a good player, but IMHO premier means a guy that GM's would fall all over themselves to have on their team. Seattle is going to miss Koren Robinson, at least he had #1 potential (when he wasn't high, drunk, or dropping the ball :P ).

McCants will be a perfect fit for the Eagles! He's big and has good hands. Philly doesn't need a flashy-named retread, they just need a solid "role" player, and McCants fits that bill nicely. As a 'Skins fan, I'm sad to see him go, especially to the friggin' Eagles!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Any word on whewre Peerless Price may wind up? I am hoping he goes to a team like Carolina where there's a healthy passing game and WR help is needed. I only mention this because I now have him on my fantasy team .:P

EDIT: Right now I'm hearing maybe Philly or Dallas so nevermind i guess.

6uXNWAo.png

Corey Simon to Colts.

Report: Simon close to deal

with Colts

Daily News Wire Services

Former Eagles defensive tackle Corey Simon reportedly has a new team.

According to ESPN.com, Simon, who played five seasons with the Eagles, has reached an agreement in priniciple with the Indianapolis Colts.

The Web site, citing sources close to the negotiations, reported the agreement could be finalized as early as today, and that two Colts players said they had been told by coaches that Simon would join the team.

Simon became an unrestricted free agent on Sunday night when the Eagles rescinded their 1-year, $5.13 million franchise-tag offer.

ESPN.com reported that Simon is likely to get a 5-year deal that would put him among the highest paid players in the league at his position.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Corey Simon to Colts.

with Colts

Daily News Wire Services

According to ESPN.com, Simon, who played five seasons with the Eagles, has reached an agreement in priniciple with the Indianapolis Colts.

The Web site, citing sources close to the negotiations, reported the agreement could be finalized as early as today, and that two Colts players said they had been told by coaches that Simon would join the team.

Simon became an unrestricted free agent on Sunday night when the Eagles rescinded their 1-year, $5.13 million franchise-tag offer.

ESPN.com reported that Simon is likely to get a 5-year deal that would put him among the highest paid players in the league at his position.

Exactly what the Colts needed, a run stopper to go with Dwight Freeney, and

exelent pass rusher. The DL looks pretty good now.

DE Freeney

DT Simon

DT Josh Williams

DE Raheem Brock/Rashean Mathis

Corey Simon to Colts.

with Colts

Daily News Wire Services

DE Freeney

DT Simon

DT Josh Williams

The Colts needed an overweight, out-of-shape, over-rated, over-paid defensive tackle?

Corey Simon to Colts.

with Colts

Daily News Wire Services

DE Freeney

DT Simon

DT Josh Williams

The Colts needed an overweight, out-of-shape, over-rated, over-paid defensive tackle?

YUP!

Atleast he's better than (Josh Williams/Larry Tripplett/Reagor) that can't even stop Correll Buckhalter on one leg from getting past through the middle into the secondary. Have you seen the Colts DL get ripped apart? Well, it does get ripped apart and even an over-weight, out-of-shape, over rated, over paid player who'll get you a couple sacks a year is better than what the Colts have right now.

As bad as Corey Simon is, he's an improvement for the DL for the Colts, because if he just gets on the field and sits there every down he already is doing more for the Colts than the DL was doing BEFORE he got there.

Archived