Indianapolis Colts concept

Dave Ship

Leave the logo off the sleeve and put the number on it instead and then it's really nice! :D

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

It may make it easier to critique as a potential NFL jersey if you lost the manufacturer logo on the front and maybe put it on the sleeve above the number.

Actually, what you could do, is go with the version with the numbers on the sleeve, and slap a horseshoe where the adidas logo is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I appreciate your forward thinking. But one of my criteria for evaluating jerseys, is "would I choose this over what they have now?"

And I wouldn't. But there's potential.

The retooled logo could be fused better together to convey both a "C" and the horseshoe. Right now, your logo looks disjointed and fails to convey either part of what you're going for very well. Also, the monogram usually doesn't involve just the nickname's first letter. "I" or, if you had to, "IC" would be a better idea, but I don't know how you could work that into your idea.

I've never been a fan of royal blue and black used together. Black and blue don't look right, and making the royal blue darker makes using black even less necessary here.

I miss the traditional shoulder stripes the Colts have. That says football more than anything else you could put on a uniform.

And teams like the Colts look much better in traditional unis. It looks here almost like you're trying too hard to be avant-garde. The white jersey side panels don't match the pants stripes, the white piping isn't matched on the pants... it just looks consistently inconsistent. These would be something I could see a college wearing, but not the Colts.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

ok...too much forward...i'll be more conservative next time. it's harder but i'll try!!!

Nah, I wasn't suggesting giving up your style by any means. Do what makes you happy. It's just my opinion that the Colts really make a traditional uniform look really classy. They've got a timeless icon, and beautiful uniforms that use only 2 colors, simple Varsity Block numbers and basic striping. They get more mileage out of understated simplicity than maybe any team in the NFL.

But your style skews toward being futuristic; so be it. There are a handful of designers we readily identify ('SCRIM, TAKE A BOW!!), and they've cultivated that style to where it's a sort of trademark, be it post-modern or ultra-classic. Make it work for you.

BTW... I am a big fan of the updated concept. The half-horseshoe wasn't working, and the remnants of the shoulder stripes looks great. I'm not on board with the piping and side panels, but again, that's my bias, so take that as such - I wouldn't like them on ANY concept. My only remaining gripe is the use of what looks like black on the sleeves and collar. Royal blue and black just don't mix, no matter what the shills at Duke try to force on you.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Very nice - I am a fan of their current unis, simple and traditional.

I don't like the way NCAA teams are trying to go "futuristic", but these are nice!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I usually am not a fan of stuff like this, and I love the colts curfrent scheme(minus the inconsistency) but these are real sharp. I like them a lot!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I like the changes you made. Another suggestion would be to make the inside of the side panel blue, which would make it consistant with the striping (since there would be two white stripes around it) and make it blend into the pants better. I like your progressive concepts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived