most underated nfl player

MotownMadman11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
torry.jpg

I agree. With all the news Owens gets, this guy is actually a great player and teammate. I think "underrated" applies to most Rams players, especially lately. Bruce, Jackson, McDonald and Curtis, Archeletta, and Bulger (most accurate passer in the NFL).

I forgot Lelie of the Broncos.

Torry Holt (along with several other WR's such as Marvin Harrison and Rod Smith) will never get their deserved credit because unfortunately, they shut up and play.

As for the whole Tom Brady thing. Your view really depends on what side you're on. If you're pro-Brady people will tell you that he's just another cog in the Dynasty Machine. If your a Brady hater people tell you that he's the biggest thing to hit Boston since the Tea Party.

In other words, fantasy football has really destroyed the way we view players.

(Throws 2 cents into can, mutters something about Tony Parrish and walks away)

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Al Wilson and Kieth Bulluck are waaaaay too underrated. They are both Top 5 LB's (Wilson is, Bulluck might be), but never get the credit that Urlacher (most overrated in the NFL) gets. Seriously, Wilson is probably the 3rd best in the league after Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

chris cooley.yeah he was a rookie last year but he made a ton of big plays for the skins offenselast year

Wait, the 'Skins had an offense last year?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm gonna have to agree with Curty, Curtis Martin is the most underrated player in the history of football. His name is NEVER brought up with the elite backs, Alexander, Tomlinson, Holmes, etc. but his numbers are right up there and have been consistently for years. Curtis Martin is the truth.

And I would expect C-Mart to go well over 1,000 yards, again, for the 11th consecutive season. :)

6uXNWAo.png

I'm gonna have to go with Doug Brien. He single handedly (or footedly?) got the Steelers into the AFC Championship game last year. Look for him to have great success this year as a member of the Lions, Packers, and Vikings organizations.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I'm gonna have to go with Doug Brien. He single handedly (or footedly?) got the Steelers into the AFC Championship game last year. Look for him to have great success this year as a member of the Lions, Packers, and Vikings organizations.

You forget that we would be talking about Eric Barton right here if not for Nate Kaeding also missing a huge playoff game winning field goal.

6uXNWAo.png

Im not sure if it counts but Dwight Freeney is an absolute animal. He gets recognition, but I think it would be in between, him and Julius Peppers if I had to pick 1 defensive player as the best.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Im not sure if it counts but Dwight Freeney is an absolute animal. He gets recognition, but I think it would be in between, him and Julius Peppers if I had to pick 1 defensive player as the best.

Are you serious?? Both players get a ton of hype.

Are they good players? Yes.

Are they overrated? No!

6uXNWAo.png

Are you serious?? Both players get a ton of hype.

Are they good players? Yes.

Are they overrated? No!

Ya thats why I said Im not sure if it counts. Freeney isnt talked about much. Freeney is well known, and recognized but I think hes the best defensive player there is. So its hard to call him underrated.

Donald Driver is way underrated. Walter Jones is overrated. Hes one of the best offensive lineman, but I dont see him head and shoulders above everybody else.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

jimmy_smith082301.jpg

Totally forgot about Jimmy Smith from the Jags...

The man's been there in Jax since day one and has been nothing but clutch...and he proved it again yesterday against the Seahawks...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Can I be a homer now? How about Trent Green? Yes, he's a product of the system, but if you check out the second and third string QB's for the Chiefs, the fact that since he came to KC he's yet to miss a start...this isn't bad for someone who was widely known as Tr-INT his first year in town. He's actually a lot like that other QB named Trent, only he's gotten a consistent shot in one place. I guess a case could probably be made for Dilfer as well. He had one season with a defense and a running game that was good enough he didn't have to do everything on his own, and what did he do? Won the Super Bowl

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

OB33 - Totally agree with Tony Parrish. *I* knew he had one less INT than Ed Reed. Had he gotten a couple earlier in the year, before the Pro Bowl selections last season, he would have been chosen. As it was he got something like 3 or 4 picks after the selections were made.

Curtis Martin, Torry Holt, absolutely. Someone said Brandon Stokley, but I thinik he's a product of his offense. He didn't do much in Baltimore. Someone else said Lorenzo Neal. That guy is a tank. He's been knocking guys on their ass for a long time.

Talk about most underrated though, you gotta talk about kickers. Adam Vinatieri won two Super Bowls with his leg and everyone's on Tom Brady's jock. Kickers get no respect.

Another guy you could look at as very underrated is Eric Johnson, the tight end from San Francisco. He had 82 catches for 825 yards last year. He's the best TE you've never heard of.

mainescarf.png

2005_0911_bal_303_macht_a.jpg

SLOT MACHINE!!! CA-CHING CA-CHING!!!

Although I think he isn't underated for his skills I don't think he gets the pub for his toughness. For the shots he takes going over the middle I still don't see how he doesn't get more respect.

And he's a player on the Colts with a Super Bowl ring and he earned it taking on Jason Sehorn in his prime one-on-one and taking it home for a TD. Although Stokley's numbers are somewhat a product of his offense, I still think he could make an impact on many teams in the league. Maybe not as a number 1 WR but an impact nonetheless.

And as for Troy Brown, Undoubtedly HOF material IMO. Maybe not first ballot, but definitely a HOFer.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived