Colts Lineman loses number

BBTV

ESPN just flashed to the Colts sideline and showed a defensive lineman with only a 9 on his jersey. It looked like the second number had been ripped off (or just fell off.) They were talking about Corey Simon at the time, but I was focused on the jersey and didn't notice if it was him or not.

No pics, since I saw it on TV. Did anyone else see it? Has a player ever played while missing a number?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They just showed it again. It was Simon #97.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

just thinking about the Super Bowl

You and me both.

I do remember a Chicago Bear (I believe Alonzo Spellman) in the early to mid-'90's who lost the white layer of one of his numbers, leaving one number white, outlined in orange (on the navy jersey), and the other all orange. That certainly looked odd...

Moose

I do remember a Chicago Bear (I believe Alonzo Spellman) in the early to mid-'90's who lost the white layer of one of his numbers, leaving one number white, outlined in orange (on the navy jersey), and the other all orange. That certainly looked odd...

Moose

Wait just a minute...

With your screen name "No97", and your past tails of your enormous size...

are you Corey Simon?

If so, I apologize for the dispariging comments I made about you in previous threads.

:D

Hmmmm....I thought the reason the NFL phased out screened on numbers was because they weren't as durable as sewn on numbers.....

A screened on number wouldn't be able to be ripped off unless the jersey underneath it came with it.

If you are referring to heat sealed numbers and why they aren't widely used any more it is because sewn twill numbers look nicer.

The major problem with Simon's jersey is that it should have been a Cincinnati Bengals jersey. Yes, I'm jealous.

:mad:

Of what? Simon won't be in game shape until week 16, if then. He spent his whole summer on a couch with a cheesesteak in one hand and himself in the other.

Wait just a minute...

With your screen name "No97", and your past tails of your enormous size...

are you Corey Simon?

If so, I apologize for the dispariging comments I made about you in previous threads.

:D

Yes, I commute from Northern Minnesota (Bemidji) to Indy each Sunday to play football... :P

I recall during the Arena season, one of the Chicago Rush LBs (either #90 or #99) had one of his back numbers peeling off. I forget whether the number ever came right off though :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That "7" was holding on for dear life for a while, stretched out as much as it was across that gut. It probably just got tired and let go.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived