Saints Home schedule announced

jkrdevil

The Saints will split home games at LSU and San Antonio.

Week 2 -- New York Giants (East Rutherford, New Jersey)

Week 4 -- Buffalo (San Antonio, Texas)

Week 6 -- Atlanta (San Antonio, Texas)

Week 8 -- Miami (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)

Week 9 -- Chicago (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)

Week 13 -- Tampa Bay (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)

Week 15 -- Carolina (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)

Week 16 -- Detroit (San Antonio, Texas)

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/8837856

I think it's stupid that the Saints play the Giants in New Jersey. Some 'home' game!

Alternatives? Given the situation:

1. No game would be a home game

2. Decisions had to be made in the timeframe given to themselves.

Damn, guys...they did what they could under the circumstances. What did you expect them to do? The team wanted to play in BR, Benson wanted them in SA (though he claims to wanted them in BR). This is as good of a compromise as could have been expected.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The first game in New York shouldn't be that bad. The Giants will probably give the Saints a larger percentage of the gate receipts and may donate a number of tickets to evacuees since they never belonged to the Giants in the first place. Plus, these two teams will be able to help the nation heal once again. I remember the Saints were the team the Giants hosted in the first NFL game in New York after 9/11. It's ironic they meet in another symbolic game.

I'm not sure how the games in Baton Rouge will work out. Tiger Stadium holds over 90,000 and may be too big to host Saints football. I hope the NFL does not consider blacking out the games on TV. However, many evacuees are now in Baton Rouge and may come out in droves. Either way, I think it is a good gesture to keep the games in the state and it will help the people of the Gulf Coast.

I'm curious to see how they'll make Giants Stadium look like a Saints home game.

I suppose they will have the team graphics surrounding the playing field, and get the PA announcer hyping up the Saints rather than the Giants... knowwhatimean?

I guess there will be Jets logos in the endzones?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm curious to see how they'll make Giants Stadium look like a Saints home game.

I suppose they will have the team graphics surrounding the playing field, and get the PA announcer hyping up the Saints rather than the Giants... knowwhatimean?

Well, the Giants PA announcer is Bob Sheppard (the same one who is the PA announcer for the Yankees) who hypes nothing. Everything is said in the same classy voice.

The first game in New York shouldn't be that bad. The Giants will probably give the Saints a larger percentage of the gate receipts and may donate a number of tickets to evacuees since they never belonged to the Giants in the first place. Plus, these two teams will be able to help the nation heal once again. I remember the Saints were the team the Giants hosted in the first NFL game in New York after 9/11. It's ironic they meet in another symbolic game.

I'm not sure how the games in Baton Rouge will work out. Tiger Stadium holds over 90,000 and may be too big to host Saints football. I hope the NFL does not consider blacking out the games on TV. However, many evacuees are now in Baton Rouge and may come out in droves. Either way, I think it is a good gesture to keep the games in the state and it will help the people of the Gulf Coast.

under the circumstances, i dont see them blacking out the games

Plus, these two teams will be able to help the nation heal once again.

How are two crappy teams playing a football game supposed to "heal the nation?"

I'm supposed to feel uplifted because a bunch of guys run up and down a field, tackle each other and occasionally grab each others asses?

That's supposed to make me feel better?

That's supposed to make me ignore the fact that it's going to take well over $1,000,000,000 to repair/replace everything that was damaged by hurricane Katrina?

Someone's seriously delusional, and it ain't me.

How are two crappy teams playing a football game supposed to "heal the nation?"

I'm supposed to feel uplifted because a bunch of guys run up and down a field, tackle each other and occasionally grab each others asses?

That's supposed to make me feel better?

That's supposed to make me ignore the fact that it's going to take well over $1,000,000,000 to repair/replace everything that was damaged by hurricane Katrina?

Someone's seriously delusional, and it ain't me.

No, I'm sure you are delusional for thinking that way.

Sports are a great part of the American psyche, and without it, there wouldn't be that sense of normalcy in our land.

Why do you think having baseball return after 9/11 was such a big deal? It was key to help heal the American psyche.

This game will help heal the American psyche because it is nothing more then a game, a game that will help those affected by Hurricane Katrina by seeing their team play their hearts out for a win.

It's just a game, but to the American psyche, it's much more then that.

Well, the Giants PA announcer is Bob Sheppard (the same one who is the PA announcer for the Yankees) who hypes nothing. Everything is said in the same classy voice.

You know He is 95 years old too its amazing how longe hes been at this PA thing.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You know He is 95 years old too its amazing how longe hes been at this PA thing.

Maybe not that old, but this is his 55th season with the Yankees. Not sure how long he's been doing Giants games.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

It may not be a typical Giants crowd, because Giants' season tickets aren't being accepted for this game.

First choice of tickets goes to Saints' ticket holders ... then to people on the Giants' waiting list ... then to the general public.

As for the end zones, I bet they have a Red Cross logo and phone number painted there.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Well he is not quite 95 hes Birthday I saw listed once as 10/10/10

So he will actually turn 95 next month but ist amazing what he does at his age.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived