Check out these jerseys.....

simpsontide

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pNHL-576946dt.jpg

I always wanted to wear this to church...hehehe. Just like in Seinfeld...THE DEVILSSSSSSS!!!!!

bballhosea_01.gif

Did they really have to put the little flame on this? I mean really?

You know what would really be amusing is if maybe they made a Shawn Green jersey with some Bible stuff on it. HERE'S OUR COLLECTION OF JASOM MARQUIS, SHAWN GREEN, AND SANDY KOUFAX JERSEYS WITH JESUS ON THEM!!! WOOHOO! You know...I think I could see that happening too. Okay I'm gonna go back to playing with my dreidel now. :D

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

how dare they put the name of the back of the yankees look-alike jersey!?

and im assuming those logos were the nfl equipment logo goes on the football jerseys and the logo on the shoulder where the nba logo goes on the basketball must be some sort of that company's logo, or that'd be about 8 billion lawsuits.

What the hell did they change on the Yankees jersey?

And, looking at the braves one I can say I'm happy. Old Amos (from the old Jerry Reed song) plays for the Braves! Woot!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I don't get it.

They're books of the Bible. OK

And they're on sporting uniforms as some sort of parody. "Oh I get it, it doesn't say Heat is says the name of a minor prophet most people don't even know is a book of the Bible".

What is the target market of these?

Christian kids in gangs?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

This is why I hate the "buisiness" of religon. Just rubs me the wrong way.

This is why I hate... religion. Just rubs me the wrong way.

That's it. Just make a grand generalization - throw the judgement blanket over "religion". Exactly the kind of thing non-religious types accuse Christians of doing over and over again.

As a former agnostic, I completely understand being turned off by the way SOME religions, and SOME deviant sects of certain religions go about their business, but name me one segment of our society that is absolutely pure and beyond criticism. There are bad apples in every barrel. The trick is to sort out all of the good from the bad and realize that the bottom line - being the best person you can possibly be and to love others - is all that really matters.

Now that I've got that off my chest (not the first time I've seen such nonsense on this board), I have to say that this is NOT the way His message should be spread.

This kind of marketing garbage continues the stereotype of Christians as trying too hard to be "hip". Besides, these would certainly constitute copyright infringement, and that's not exactly "right with God".

I think Chris, Tank, and Pantone combined on a no-hitter on this one.

This "effort" is trite, distasteful, and illegal. This is stealing, this is cheapening the Bible and Christianity, and I'm not too sure this is the way God wants to holla at his peeps, know what I'm saying, dog? Seriously, this is like a bad skit from "Doggy-fizzle Tele-vizzle."

And they should be ashamed for selling these jerseys for $65, they clearly aren't worth more than $25. :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That's it. Just make a grand generalization - throw the judgement blanket over "religion". Exactly the kind of thing non-religious types accuse Christians of doing over and over again.

As a former agnostic, I completely understand being turned off by the way SOME religions, and SOME deviant sects of certain religions go about their business, but name me one segment of our society that is absolutely pure and beyond criticism. There are bad apples in every barrel. The trick is to sort out all of the good from the bad and realize that the bottom line - being the best person you can possibly be and to love others - is all that really matters.

Now that I've got that off my chest (not the first time I've seen such nonsense on this board), I have to say that this is NOT the way His message should be spread.

This kind of marketing garbage continues the stereotype of Christians as trying too hard to be "hip". Besides, these would certainly constitute copyright infringement, and that's not exactly "right with God".

I'm a little confused about why you're upset about his post.

Are you upset with him because he dislikes religion (and therefore he dislikes your religion)?

Dude's allowed to dislike religion, it's hardly nonsense. We needn't a good reason not to, just like I don't go asking you for a reason why you happen to like religion.

We be who we be and that's good enough for me.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Are you upset with him because he dislikes religion (and therefore he dislikes your religion)?

Dude's allowed to dislike religion, it's hardly nonsense. We needn't a good reason not to, just like I don't go asking you for a reason why you happen to like religion.

It is extremely judgemental (there's that word again) to see something like this and immediately JUDGE all "religion" as being bad or corrupt. It's one of those things that really irks me.

If a self-proclaimed Christian were to slam all members of a certain segment of society, it's judgemental (and of course wrong, in my opinion), but judging ALL religions in the same manner is apparently OK.

The problem I have here is the hypocrisy of these kinds of statements.

Dude's allowed to dislike religion, it's hardly nonsense.  We needn't a good reason not to, just like I don't go asking you for a reason why you happen to like religion.

It is extremely judgemental (there's that word again) to see something like this and immediately JUDGE all "religion" as being bad or corrupt. It's one of those things that really irks me.

If a self-proclaimed Christian were to slam all members of a certain segment of society, it's judgemental (and of course wrong, in my opinion), but judging ALL religions in the same manner is apparently OK.

The problem I have here is the hypocrisy of these kinds of statements.

I believe the difference here is that you're comparing a christian judging people to him judging a system.

If he said "i hate all-religious people", i'd be agreeing with your point-of-view here... but he said "i hate religion". It may not sound like that big of a difference, but it is.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If he said "i hate all-religious people", i'd be agreeing with your point-of-view here... but he said "i hate religion".  It may not sound like that big of a difference, but it is.

...and mostly said for comedic effect, which some people didn't seem to get. :devil:

Haven't we all learned that sarcasm is best used when people actually know it's sarcasm? I for one am a practicing Lutheran, but there is no need to promote Christianity by putting out products that are extremely derivative of another. If you're going to do it, do in a tasteful and at least semi-original manner. Of course, this is coming from some one who once owned a "Read The Book" T-shirt that looked strikingly similar to the Reebok logo, so take it with a grain of salt if you must...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Well, I'll give the developer credit somewhat...his heart's in the right place.

Unfortunately, the execution is a lot to be desired...or since we're goin all biblical here, the developer has been measured and is found wanting.

I have to agree with greg on this one, it kinda cheapens it to a point where it's just mind-numbing. And it kinda breaks that whole "Thou shalt not steal" commandment in the process...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

pNHL-576946dt.jpg

I always wanted to wear this to church...hehehe.  Just like in Seinfeld...THE DEVILSSSSSSS!!!!!

Where I attend we would see it for what it is--a hockey jersey, and just a hockey jersey.

Go for it.

I'm glad others see this sort of thing as crass--and it casts a bad light on Christians for all the wrong reasons.

As one preacher I heard at a conference said-"If you're being persecuted, make sure it's not because you're an idiot" A bit blunt perhaps--but if the makers of these jerseys are "persecuted" it is not because of the gospel, but because of themselves (I'll refrain from calling them idiots)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Where's the blanket judgement here? He said he hates religion, that it rubs him the wrong way. He didn't say that religion is evil, that religious people are evil, religion should be banned, or any other value-assigning statements. He said he doesn't like it. It's much like saying you don't like a design, a flavour of ice cream, or a team.

Your statement makes it seem like since he doesn't like the product, he's a bad person, especially for saying so. Would you call someone out like this who said they don't like the Arizona Cardinals, that it's morally imprudent and a blanket judgement that they said so? I would hope not, and I don't see much difference in the two scenarios.

(Now if he wanted to call the Cardinals a bumbling bunch of idiots--with a big steaming pile of crap for an owner--who couldn't find their way to the Super Bowl even if they were given a bus, tickets, and a map... well, that'd be different, I suppose, though I wouldn't disagree. ;) </StL native>)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived