Concept 02 - Nebraska Cornhuskers

Audiodrama

WOW!

Lovin these for the Huskers!

I know there's a plopload of tradition behind the plain scarlet & white, but heck, if their hoops team can use black as an accent, why not the football team?

If they added black to their look, I'd hope they'd go this route.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Over all I love your designs. Nice use of their colors in a variety of uniform options...My one question is...why are football designers (and I dont mean just you but practically ALL of them) so obscessed with the Bronco stripe design? Throughout the NFL and college it seems like that ridicilious strip down the side which curls up to the collar on either side undwer the sleeve... and usually terminates half way down the pant leg with a swoop is all thats being done these days. If a new uniform dosent incoporate this trend...or worse yet the Atlanta Falcon-Miami Hurricane style stripes...its considered old fashioned. Color me old fashioned then because I say the traditional football design (aka Green Bay packers-Cleveland Brown sleeve striping and pants striping) look just as wonderful today as they did in the 1960s...anyone else agree?

Over all I love your designs. Nice use of their colors in a variety of uniform options...My one question is...why are football designers (and I dont mean just you but practically ALL of them) so obscessed with the Bronco stripe design? Throughout the NFL and college it seems like that ridicilious strip down the side which curls up to the collar on either side undwer the sleeve... and usually terminates half way down the pant leg with a swoop is all thats being done these days. If a new uniform dosent incoporate this trend...or worse yet the Atlanta Falcon-Miami Hurricane style stripes...its considered old fashioned. Color me old fashioned then because I say the traditional football design (aka Green Bay packers-Cleveland Brown sleeve striping and pants striping) look just as wonderful today as they did in the 1960s...anyone else agree?

I do agree that I'm in more of the old-school Packers/Steelers style of jersey over the "modern" ones...

However, with this concept, the new style piping on the side just works and takes the uni set presented to the next level, IMO.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Being a lifelong Nebraskan and Cornhusker fan (Notice I said Cornhusker and not Husker)

I have to say...don't mess with tradition. Just as you wouldn't dare mess with Penn State and Notre Dame. The classic simple style that Husker Nation rallies around must not change.

The unis are cool for a school with less history and tradition but you simply don't add bells and whistles where tradition dictates stoic, no frills style.

And many of us do not like the shortening of the "Cornhuskers". That logo is quickly becoming dated.

"Nebraska Huskers" VS "Nebraska Cornhuskers"

We are the Nebraska Cornhuskers...not the Nebraska Huskers. The way that rolls off the tongue is horrible, #1 and I have never liked the way it sounded, just doesn't flow.

#2 goes back, again, to tradition and a deep rooted sense of self dating back to the early days of Cornhusker football. Back when the people of the state struggled for meager livings during the depression etc. one thing that everyone could rally around was the Cornhuskers. No matter how bad the depression was or the drought was or cattle prices or whatever, the Cornhuskers were there to root for, they were "our boys".

The name has been around since the turn of the century and now a marketing gimmick which is the "Huskers" logo has become almost bigger than the real identity.

When a team's essence meant so much to a people for so many years... to tamper with it can create harsh feelings.

hell you should have seen the uproar 3-4 years ago when they switched up to new unis not even close to the modern look here.... needless to say they lasted a year I believe.

Keep the current unis and always refer to the team as the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Period

I'm not a big fan of the color red(yet, I like the Angels, Cardinals, and Red Wings...go figure), but these jerseys are incredible. They actually look like Nebraska would wear these. I didn't even notice the black outline until someone mentioned it....that means it's working...or at least that it's not interfering.

"Nebraska Huskers" VS "Nebraska Cornhuskers"

We are the Nebraska Cornhuskers...not the Nebraska Huskers. The way that rolls off the tongue is horrible, #1 and I have never liked the way it sounded, just doesn't flow.

#2 goes back, again, to tradition and a deep rooted sense of self dating back to the early days of Cornhusker football. Back when the people of the state struggled for meager livings during the depression etc. one thing that everyone could rally around was the Cornhuskers. No matter how bad the depression was or the drought was or cattle prices or whatever, the Cornhuskers were there to root for, they were "our boys".

The name has been around since the turn of the century and now a marketing gimmick which is the "Huskers" logo has become almost bigger than the real identity.

When a team's essence meant so much to a people for so many years... to tamper with it can create harsh feelings.

hell you should have seen the uproar 3-4 years ago when they switched up to new unis not even close to the modern look here.... needless to say they lasted a year I believe.

Keep the current unis and always refer to the team as the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Period

If Nebraska can switch to a "West Coast" offense, anything can change....

I love the concept, although I can't see Nebraska making such a quantum leap forward. Understated to the point of being plain seems to make NU (or isn't it UN?) comfortable. And while I have no really feeling on the Cornhuskers, I respect their ability to maintain a very old-school look in the Nike Era.

While I COULD see Nebraska adopting these in a couple of centuries, it is a beautiful concept, and would work for another school less beholden to a traditional appearance.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

While I COULD see Nebraska adopting these in a couple of centuries, it is a beautiful concept, and would work for another school less beholden to a traditional appearance.

On Wisconsin ...?

I'm not sure batwings work in white. So the home jerseys might not be right, but the road jerseys would be (as long as they were with the red pants -- NO MICHELIN MEN!)

Also, if Wisconsin were to adopt these, this would be the one time the diagonal shoulder stripes (a la Colts), which I usually detest, might work, because the shoulder stripes and the batwings would kind of form a W.

Packers-2.png

I like the concept and in the modern era of Bill Calahan Nebraska football it might work, however the football and Nebraska traditionalists would point out that Bill Calahan should be thrown headlong into the path of a tanker truck for what he has done to Nebraska football. Very nice concept, but not for the Cornhuskers. We are holding on to as much of the past as we can right now.

Mark

BroncosSig.jpg

I will pay someone 20 whole dollars and give them some Bakers' Drive Thru coupons if they kill the stupid bat wing trend of jerseys. The Denver Broncos need to be taken into a dark alley and shot in the head 14 times for starting it and the countless boring, unoriginal NCAA teams that ripped it off need to have their weiners removed.

Archived