Cincinnati Flames

Chief.

A well-executed concept, but I am finding the idea a little shaky.

There looks like there are a lot items thrown together that don't belong together. These are the questions that came to me when I reviewed this:

1. What do flames have to do with Cincinnati? The U. of Illinois-Chicago Flames, I get the connection. The Atlanta Flames, I get the connection. Liberty U. Flames, I get the connection. But Cincy? Why?

2. What does the bird have to do with flames? If the team name was Firebirds, I'd get it.

3. Why is the bird on fire?

4. Are the colors supposed to look so much like the University of Cincinnati's teams?

5. Other than the team name, what about the uniforms says "fire" or "flames"? I see the small "birdhead on fire" logo at the bottom of the shorts, but that's it.

Maybe there's something I am missing here. It's a nice design, but very generic. And I don't get the tie-in with Cincinnati and flames.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Liberty U. Flames, I get the connection.

What is the connection with Liberty and Flames? Is it because of Jerry Falwell telling everyone they're going to hell? :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

First of all, this is a great logo and jersey concept(and i'm not just saying that because its my fantasy basketball team).

Second of all I chose the colors he didn't, so don't blame him.

Third, Not every team name has something to do with the city(Cincinnati Bengals,Utah Jazz, St. Louis Rams).

4th, The bird logo- the chargers have an alternate with a horse don't they? What do a lightning bolt a horse have in common?.

Overall, chief103182 did a great job.

4th, The bird logo- the chargers have an alternate with a horse don't they? What do a lightning bolt a horse have in common?.

A charger is a horse..or something about the horse in the medievel times. I forget which because it's been a long day

What is the connection with Liberty and Flames? Is it because of Jerry Falwell telling everyone they're going to hell? :D

:lol:

While I like your explanation better, IIRC it refers more to the light of Christ, the fire of evangelism, and so on and so forth. The flame of Christ, the flame of knowledge. A friend of mine's sister went there, I will try and confirm. But I know there is a connection that is probably more obvious than you and I realize.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

not a fan of the 1st two (left to right), but i really like the flaming c - uni's are simple but effective - if they had the flaming c instead of the flaming bird, they'd be better...not a bad concept, and, most importantly, the team owner seems to like them a lot

jldesigns404eo.png

:lol:

While I like your explanation better, IIRC it refers more to the light of Christ, the fire of evangelism, and so on and so forth. The flame of Christ, the flame of knowledge. A friend of mine's sister went there, I will try and confirm. But I know there is a connection that is probably more obvious than you and I realize.

Funny, I thought it was for the fact their secondary got set on fire up at Rentschler Field a few weeks ago :lol:

I keed, I keed :D

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Burning bush maybe? (no, not the president, so don't start :D)

I had friends that went there too, I asked one, he had no clue...so much for school spirit.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Those logos aren't very good in my opinion

But those Jersey's are SLICK.

I also don't see the connection with the Flames, but there are tons of teams with names that have absolutely no connection to the area they are in, for example the Utah Jazz

(I KNOW where the Jazz moved from, that doesn't mean it has anything to do with Utah)

I like the jerseys, but the logos could use some tweaking:

1. The flames on all need to be bigger and far more pronounced (realism be damned). Look at the Calgary logo. Those flames reproduce great on logos and embroidery. Yours wouldn't (this is mostly about the bird. You should be able to limit it down to about five flames)

2. Those are some very thin borders (which are going to be nigh-on-invisible when embroidered). Consider either fattening them, or removing them altogether. Good line art is the fundamental difference between a good and amateur logo, IMO.

3. I think the oval logo is pretty weak, idea-wise. Why an oval? Could you not set the text, trace an outline about eight px around, then extend (large) flames from that?

4. I'd also seriously consider the impact of serifs on long names like that, from a readability perspective

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Archived