Evolution of BYU Uniform

barnesdesign

Not me. I'm no fan of the unitard look.

I really don't like that template. It obscures everything that we want to know about the uniform - helmet graphics, sleeve graphics, pant stripes.

Eh, you wouldn't. :P It has more of an artistic feel than that of pure reference. Props to the artist for trying to show the template in a more creative and dynamic way.

Normally, I'm not a fan of going back to the past, but damned if I don't like those new uniforms they have for this season.

QPR%20Sig.png

I've got a"bib" authentic with my name on it somewhere in my heap of jerseys.

My Lavel Edwards signed 1999 helmet sits on my desk.

I like the 2002 unis the best of the era, I felt they were a nice

modern interpretation of classic. The new ones are nice too, true classic.

Not me.  I'm no fan of the unitard look.

I really don't like that template.  It obscures everything that we want to know about the uniform - helmet graphics, sleeve graphics, pant stripes.

Eh, you wouldn't. :P It has more of an artistic feel than that of pure reference. Props to the artist for trying to show the template in a more creative and dynamic way.

I don't mind that at all. I just wish that we could see some of the "little details" of the uniforms.

Like the helmet. :blink:

I don't mind that at all. I just wish that we could see some of the "little details" of the uniforms.

Like the helmet. :blink:

The numbering font is also wrong for the "bib" uniforms, and the set that followed. More like Berthold City than Block Varsity, like what they wear now and wore during the Robbie Bosco-Steve Young-Jim McMahon-Marc Malone-Ty Detmer Era(s). (Yeah, they're in the wrong order. Go nuts and arrange them properly on your own, my dinner is almost ready.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Yeah, the bib jerseys were AWFUL. I couldn't believe it when I saw a game on TV with BYU wearing them. One of the worst designs ever in sports uniform history, right up there with the plaid baseball uniforms of the early 1900s. Heck, even worse than the Broncos' vertical-striped socks.

I always liked the 2002 uniforms. I thought they went well with the new logo.

I liked them then and I still like them now. They gave up on them far too soon. I really thought they had staying power.

The bib stuff gives me a headache looking at it. Just makes no sense. I get irritated by the white armpit splash on the AZ Cards unis, too. Why? Why? Bibs? Why?

Archived