Concept 04 - Auburn Tigers

Audiodrama

After lurking for months (you guys rock!), I have to offer my C & C for this one. My beloved Tigers have probably a top 5 college uni, and I have to say this concept would be a downgrade. The helmet should always be white, and the orange jerseys are, as my two yr old says, ewww.

Besides, the last two coaches who made changes to AU's uni's (Ken Hatfield, early 80's, orange jerseys; Terry Bowden, funky orange shading) were fired very soon after.

I do look forward to every other Unwind concept, though. :notworthy:

I agree with autrojan about keeping the white helmets, but overall, I like these. It may be that I'm such a sucker for orange and navy. Maybe try going all white with the away uni. The other thing I noticed is that it's a bit tough to see the orange stripes on the white jersey. I would say to switch it(thin blue/thick orange), but it'd go against the styles of the other two....and I like the orange numbers. That's a tough one.

Besides, the last two coaches who made changes to AU's uni's (Ken Hatfield, early 80's, orange jerseys; Terry Bowden, funky orange shading) were fired very soon after.

Terry Bowden would never have gotten fired if his undefeated (:P) team hadn't been on probabtion. That's not his fault. They would have undoubtedly won him a national championship.

As for this concept, Auburn's basic style is so attractive that anything else almost pales in comparison to it. The only thing that needs to be done is to unify the helmet, sleeve, and pant stripes so they are all the familiar ORG/WHT/BLU/WHT/ORG. There is absolutely nothing wrong with their block numbers, but those Steelers' numerals are attractive in blue and orange. I'd have to see cominations of these numbers, block numbers, one color, outlined, and shadowed to make a decision as to my favorite, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I really like the 'bigger than nfl size' but 'smaller than the SOONERS' wordmark under the collar.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Terry Bowden would never have gotten fired if his 12-0 team hadn't been on probabtion. That's not his fault. They would have undoubtedly won him a national championship.

As for this concept, Auburn's basic style is so attractive that anything else almost pales in comparison to it. The only thing that needs to be done is to unify the helmet, sleeve, and pant stripes so they are all the familiar ORG/WHT/BLU/WHT/ORG. There is absolutely nothing wrong with their block numbers, but those Steelers' numerals are attractive in blue and orange. I'd have to see cominations of these numbers, block numbers, one color, outlined, and shadowed to make a decision as to my favorite, though.

not to nitpick, but they were 11-0 that year.

even i can appriciate auburn's white helmet and their traditional threads. nice concept though

not a fan of the number font. That's not your fault, I just dislike that font in general in terms of it being used in football. Otherwise its very solid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I'm definitely feeling it! I agree with everyone else about how the helmet should be white, but yours looks fine though. However, I'm not a fan of those numbers. With that wordmark (University font?) I think the standard block numbers would a be good fit.

The sleeve stripes look GREAT and that secondary definitely needed to get on the jersey somehow! Just to nit pick, the sleeves on the navy jersey should be trimmed in orange to be consistent with the other two. The orange jersey looks great too.

I'm not an Auburn fan or hater, so I could care less about their tradition. This set just looks better, and damnit, that's what it should be about...lol.

Excellent job, Unwind, as if I'm telling you something you don't already know... :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

C&C welcome as always

(The 3rd jersey isn't necessary an alternate, they could just use it as a fashion jersey. I just wanted to see what the orange would look like.)

ncaa_auburn.gif

that is fu**in' awsome! :notworthy::notworthy:

PS my 600th post :D

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm with those who are reluctant to screw with such a classic and beautiful uniform, but I could live with these. I would also keep the helmets white - it's one of the few white helmets I like, probably because of all of the dark design elements on the helmet.

My only issue with this concept is how busy the chest is. I see 4 things: the logo at the "V" of the collar, the "tiger eyes" logo on the right chest, the Nike swoosh (and aren't they Russell Athletic???) on the left chest, and the wordmark beneath the collar. It's just too crowded for me, when most football jerseys get away with as little as the uniform numbers, and maybe a logo on the "V" of the collar, OR a wordmark, OR a small chest logo.

Beyond that, great work, Unwind. As usual.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived