The New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets

tater

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It appears the Hornets will officially be called the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets for at least this season.

Anybody have any idea what will be done with their unis?

I'm guessing HORNETS home and away.

NBA Exec VP/Legal & Business Affairs Joel Litvin said the team, whose home jerseys said ?New Orleans? in previous seasons, will say ?Hornets? this season. Road jerseys will continue to say ?New Orleans.? A ?OKC? patch will be on both home and away jerseys to acknowledge Oklahoma City

Conjecture. The fact that New Orleans will still be reeling economically + George Shinn = it's possible. Now if they draw exceptionally well, then you know they'll stay.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Conjecture. The fact that New Orleans will still be reeling economically + George Shinn = it's possible. Now if they draw exceptionally well, then you know they'll stay.

I wouldn't put it past him to do it. If he does it, he'd even be a more hateable owner than Steinbrenner (no, he didn't move anyone, but he does control the biggest sports entity in the world), Norm Green, Art Modell, and Jim Irsay. And I'm sure Charlotte fans already feel that way about him. Speaking of which, they must be loving the plight of the Hornets (before the hurricane, of course)... I'm sure they're collectively saying something to the extent of "We warned you!"

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Why don't the Bobcats just move to STL and so the Hornets can go back to Charlotte where they belong. Then everyone is happy.

Because the Hornets blow.

(Okay, they had the same record...but the 'Cats were an expansion team. Expansion teams are supposed to be worse than everyone. Therefore, we win.)

And yes, fluff George Shinn.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

KC is in the process of building a new arena and is trying desperately to land an NBA or NHL team. There has been talk about trying to get the Hornets to move here permanantly, but there have also been numerous articles/letters to the editor about not wanting a George Shinn owned team here due to his reputation.

If he does it, he'd even be a more hateable owner than Steinbrenner (no, he didn't move anyone, but he does control the biggest sports entity in the world),

I think Manchester United, Real Madrid & maybe Chelsea might want to argue that title.

Why don't the Bobcats just move to STL and so the Hornets can go back to Charlotte where they belong. Then everyone is happy. 

Yes they do. They have NOT been to the playoffs since 2000????

That whole organization is a mess. Plus the Bobcats attendance last season was pretty good if I remember correctly. They should be good this season, not playoffs, but maybe a 10-20 win improvement with the additions of the rookies from the Tar Heels

Sean May:May_140_050821.jpg

Raymond Felton:Felton_140_050821.jpg

Yes they do. They have NOT been to the playoffs since 2000????

That whole organization is a mess. Plus the Bobcats attendance last season was pretty good if I remember correctly. They should be good this season, not playoffs, but maybe a 10-20 win improvement with the additions of the rookies from the Tar Heels

Actually, if I remember correctly, the Bobcats were second to last in attendance.

One spot ahead of the Hornets.

The new arena and Heels players should draw at least a few more fans in, though.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Yes they do.  They have NOT been to the playoffs since 2000????

That whole organization is a mess.  Plus the Bobcats attendance last season was pretty good if I remember correctly.  They should be good this season, not playoffs, but maybe a 10-20 win improvement with the additions of the rookies from the Tar Heels

I'm pretty sure the Hornets were in the playoffs in 2004. They went 6 or 7 games with the Heat before losing.

Regardlesss, I would be surprised if the Hornets ever go back to New Orleans. That situation didn't work out too well. Maybe Shinn will take them barnstorming around the country next season. Some home games in KC, LV, SD, OKC, etc. Whichever city has the highest attendance gets the team.

Archived