Best and Worst Mascots

Squeaks4

I think if they brought a 'companion' for Bevo it would play well for TV. Picture a 2,500 pound animal with an eight foot rack trying to make a new friend. I would love to see that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bevo a steer, not a bull?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we have forgotten the king of mascots? One San Diego Chicken!

sdchicken.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

No, somebody mentioned the Chicken, and to tell you the truth I was going to put him in my top 3 but I got to biased and put Sparky instead...my original 3 was The Gorilla, The Chicken, and Sparky but then I read up on isko from Cal and found out he is the first original mascot so I couldnt forget him...but trust me I got love for :notworthy: The Chicken :notworthy:

PopHeading-1.gif

I am sure this has already been a post but I am new here and would like to see what everyone else thinks...Here are my top and bottom 3

BEST:

#1 'The Gorilla' (Phoenix Suns)

jan05_heat_gorilla_firedunk.JPG

gorilla_biker.jpg

#2 'Oski' (University of California)

oski-trads.jpg

#3 'Sparky' (Arizona State University

LWALK%203.jpg

Worst:

#1 'Roboduck' (University of Oregon)

3f9939a83c7df-26-1.jpg

#2 'The Tree' (Stanford University)

s_stanford_mascot_i.jpg

#3 'Big Twizzle' (Los Angeles Galaxy)

bigtwizzleLos_AngelesGalaxy.gif

the worst...

1. a superhero? i like the old duck

2. a tree? what were they smokin'?

3. ohh...a power ranger.

Best?

Ralph the Dog of the Calgary Stampeders, and the NHL's first official offical mascot-Harvey the Hound (His tongue incident with McTavish made national news)

The Als mascots are kind of amusing too--how many mascots cost their team a penalty?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The San Diego Chicken's so overrated. He's not even a mascot for an actual team anymore, is he? I'll still stick with my pick of the Phanatic. I was at the Phils/Marlins game the other day, he drove by Juan Pierre on is 4-wheeler and gave him a "go team"(that's a slap on the butt if you don't know).

Wish I could find pictures of the mascots Saginaw has had over the years.

Gear-rilla (IHL and UHL Gears. Funny as hell.)

Wheelie (Saginaw Wheels, 1994-96. Basically a black version of the Roadrunner from the Wile E. Coyote cartoons. My favorite Saginaw mascot.)

Woodie B. King (Saginaw Lumber Kings, 1996-98. Looked like a steroided Jughead from Archie comics with an underbite. :lol: )

Sammy Spirit (Saginaw Spirit, 2002-present. Bald Eagle with a star-spangled cape and Spirit jersey.)

Here's a picture I found of Sammy Spirit.

Sammy.jpg

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Anyways, back on topic, time for the obligatory "homer" votes:

Bernie Brewer (current)

ph_bernie_brewer_288.jpg

Couldn't find any pictures of him from the County Stadium days, when he wore lederhosen and lived in the Chalet. :mad:

Bango Buck

bango1216.jpg

Crunch (okay, it's not a homer)

tkcrunch.jpg

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived