Business Class Project

floydnimrod

What would be a good city for a baseball team?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This for a business class project. We are to create a Sports Team( Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc.) and I chose baseball. Just wanted to know what other people would think. Remember this is a Major League Baseball team.

Go Brooklyn...

Is Brooklyn in the house...

Where Brooklyn at...

See where I'm going with this?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yah, as CC said, the Rangers technically play in the DFW Metroplex, so you can kinda scratch Dallas proper off the list...

Also, I don't see Brooklyn as a good site...not with the Mets playing in the next borough..if anywhere in the Tri-State, it'd be North Jersey or possibly the northern 'burbs (Westchester County, NY and possibly Fairfield County, CT)...

New Orleans...well, um, yah...they gots other concerns right about now.

I voted for Charlotte...although Portland and OKC wouldn't be too bad of picks...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Vegas would be a great choice in my mind. What about Portland (take away from the Mariners I guess) or another team in Florida somewhere??

There are already 30 teams in MLB right ... are there any other major cities that have no major league presence in the big sports?

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Dallas and New Orleans are off the list.

For this project I am focusing on one team but the top two vote-getters will"receive" a team. As for Vegas, I mostly used cities in the southen hemisphere because there would be 32 teams in the MLB in this proposed plan and 16 teams in both the AL and NL. and 4 divisions( north, south, east, and west) like the NFL.

Dallas and New Orleans are off the list.

For this project I am focusing on one team but the top two vote-getters will"receive" a team. As for Vegas, I mostly used cities in the southen hemisphere because there would be 32 teams in the MLB in this proposed plan and 16 teams in both the AL and NL. and 4 divisions( north, south, east, and west) like the NFL.

southern hemisphere??? do you mean southern US?

I went with Charlotte, it seems as if that's a hotspot for expansion/relocated teams in the past 15-20 years (Hornets, Panthers, Hurricanes, Bobcats). I would follow that trend with a baseball team. The only problem with this, though, is that there are many Minor-League teams in the Carolinas who may not be too pleased with a MLB team taking away all the attention from the locals.

How about a city that has no major league sports teams at all?

I suggest Corpus Christi, Texas?

I know its in close proximity to the Astros and Rangers but I am certain I read somewhere that Corpus Christi is one of the biggest cities with no major league sports franchises in it.

Christi's population is 277,454. San Antonio is 150 miles away which isn't all that far I knew people who commuted alot from Ottawa to MOntreal to see Expos games. So add in San Antonio's population and then you'll have over a million people just in those two metro areas not to mention the thousands of people in between.

Arlington's only got about 260,000 people and Anaheim is at 260,000, but they are in close proximity of/in major cities.

I don't know just something I thought I'd throw out there :)

I am quite ready for this post to be pulled apart and criticized.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

I picked Orlando because a lot of families go there for vacations and a lot of families would go to a game while theyre in the vicinity of a mlb team. Plus there is a decent population there already.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Archived