Buffalo Sabres - Is This Correct?

Patchez

Am i the only one who thinks that logo is horribly ugly?

no, you are not.

how big is this patch, btw? crest size or shoulder size?

if it's shoulder, maybe it was used in an all-star game? if it's chest, then i have no idea where it came from.

I'm with you! That's just hideous.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

no, you are not.

I'm with you! That's just hideous.

But... the eye... it's a yin yang!

19vy.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Believe it or not, there's a pretty nice logo lurking around inside that monstrosity the Sabres currently use. If you simplify all of those various shades of gray/silver to make things nice and flat, slice off those tidal waves or whatever the hell those things are around the head, and adjust the black shadows, you too can make yourself a pretty respectable Buffalo Sabres logo!

sabres20uq.jpg

And it doesn't look too shabby in the real colors of the Sabres either :D

sabresbg5op.jpg

is the question beacuse of the facing left (mirrored B), or the reverse of colors (which i know Sporting News was bad with an incorrect logo for sometime)?

nice patches, got a collection link you'd care to show off?

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

nice patches, got a collection link you'd care to show off?

I'm working on getting them online. I have over 2000 patches in my collection, been collecting for awhile now. I particularly like the commemorative logos and defunct teams/leagues ie WFL, WHA, ABA, etc.

As for my original question, yes, I am wondering if this mirrored image of the logo was ever part of a Sabres uni or one of their minor league affiliates? My guess would be a shoulder patch, allowing both sides to have the Bison facing forward!

Hey by the way, did this Buffalo ever get a name?

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

I wonder if the Yin-Yang is because the Sabres are controlled by HSBC? HSBC is a Japanese company, and they did make the Sabres wear their coporate colors over blue and gold.

I thought they were owned by the Rigas family at the time; HSBC just had the naming rights to the rink.

Anyway, wasn't there talk about the Sabres getting an overhaul in time for the season? Doesn't look like that happened.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wonder if the Yin-Yang is because the Sabres are controlled by HSBC? HSBC is a Japanese company, and they did make the Sabres wear their coporate colors over blue and gold.

I thought they were owned by the Rigas family at the time; HSBC just had the naming rights to the rink.

Anyway, wasn't there talk about the Sabres getting an overhaul in time for the season? Doesn't look like that happened.

Correct; HSBC bought out Marine Midland Bank which is what the arena used to be named.

Although Adelphia uses red and black too. Hmmm.

Anyway, I think the deal with the Sabres is they didn't have a design in place by the deadline for changing jerseys this year. Actually, I haven't seen any team do anything with their jerseys yet this year except Nashville changed their shoulder logos.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived