NHL Night 1

jkrdevil

All right it is night 1 of the NHL season. What do you guys thinks so far?

I have been able to watch some of the Lightning game on TV and the Devils-Pens game on the net. I have to say I was a bit skeptical of the rule changes but I have say they seem to have worked (although I still don't like the restricting the goalies). Although there have been a ton of penalties, 12 through 2 periods in the Devils-Pens game. But I would expect that to go down. But the games I have watch seems to have great flow. Hockey's back!!!!!

I watched most of the Sabres-Islanders game, it looked like an arcade game. Lots of action, and a lot of powerplays. I liked it.

Sabres won... big plus.

Didn't notice much difference in the play in other games. Center Ice is running a free prevew, so I've been flipping between the Leafs/Sens game on that, and the the Canes/Lightning game on FSN and the OLN game.

There's a few more games on CI right now, but they're all lopsided in the score.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

The increased number of penalties will take some getting used to, it was just weird that Oliwa wasn't playing and the Devils still got called 11 times tonight. :P

I did like the flow of the games I saw. There was a lot more action in the zones than there used to be and that's always more exciting.

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

i think i hate the shootout :P

Blame it on Allison :P

Maxim!!!!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Good to see a good game once more.

I think it's improved vastly over the year away.

And Eric Lindros playing like a man possessed...one can only hope this re-kindled fire ain't gonna get snuffed.

And speaking of snuffed...actually, it's more like KA-PUCK!-ed, poor Mats Sundin.

Here's hoping he gets back soon.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Anyone who ever said that Martin Brodeur was only good because he had a great defense and The Trap in front of him...

...eat it, scumbag.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Anyone who ever said that Martin Brodeur was only good because he had a great defense and The Trap in front of him...

...eat it, scumbag.

Yeah, 'cause the Pens are a good team to judge yourself against. :rolleyes:

...eat it, scumbag.

Well, if you watched the game, you'd understand. Two straight 5-on-3's in the first, he was bombarded by fantastic shots and showed the skills that he's shown for the last 10 years, but everyone panned because of the D in front of him.

The Devils should have lost this game by 5 goals.

Marty is going to single-handedly keep this team together this season.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

...eat it, scumbag.

Well, if you watched the game, you'd understand. Two straight 5-on-3's in the first, he was bombarded by fantastic shots and showed the skills that he's shown for the last 10 years, but everyone panned because of the D in front of him.

The Devils should have lost this game by 5 goals.

Marty is going to single-handedly keep this team together this season.

I'm not doubting his ability. But there is much tougher competition in the East than the Pens. Trust me, he'd be the first person I'd pick to start in goal but it's a long season and if he keeps facing 35+ shots a game, it's going to get tiring. Also, the Devils need to tighten up on discipline if they want to survive. Pittsburgh spent the equivalent of an entire period (21:35) on the power play tonight. I don't care who you are, that's going to catch up with you.

Bright spot: Parise. Sidney who?

Minus the penalties the Panthers had a great first game winning 2-0 over the Atlanta Thrashers. I do still wish that:

A - NHL teams would go back to wearing white at home

B - The Panthers would go back to making RED the primary jersey and BLUE the alternate like they did when Pavel Bure played.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

i think i hate the shootout  :P

Sore loser :P

Seriously though, what a finish to that game!! Lindros running over Fisher, then scoring a go-ahead goal only to see Alfredsson score a minute after. And all that open ice during OT!

BTW, is Sundin going to start wearing a visor?? I think most games he missed with Toronto are because of injuries to the face...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

...eat it, scumbag.

Those who question the skill of Martin Brodeur have their head up their ass.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I do still wish that:

A - NHL teams would go back to wearing white at home

B - The Panthers would go back to making RED the primary jersey and BLUE the alternate like they did when Pavel Bure played.

Hey well what do you know a Gator and Vol fan finally have something to agree on,on both counts as a matter of fact.

But what about the Predators 1-0-0 so far this season. :woot:

BTW, is Sundin going to start wearing a visor?? I think most games he missed with Toronto are because of injuries to the face...

I would hope he'd wise up by now... i believe he missed a lot of time last season also because of a puck to the face

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived