Fox finally got it right

SEMOSTLfan

I know this was discussed during the week but I couldn't remember which thread it was so Ill just post a new topic. Just wanted to let everybody know that Fox finally updated the Astros helmet in the studio. I chuckled when I saw it, It's only taken them 6 years.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

kinda like when the Rockets changed their uniforms after winning back to back finals? Ugh....I still have nightmares about those uniforms. For all the attention the old Astros uniforms get, in my opinion the pinstripe Rocket uniforms were the worst in history.

kinda like when the Rockets changed their uniforms after winning back to back finals? Ugh....I still have nightmares about those uniforms. For all the attention the old Astros uniforms get, in my opinion the pinstripe Rocket uniforms were the worst in history.

Those Rockets pajamas were 10 times worse than anything else I can think of. Just brutal. What were they thinking. Hakeem never should have had to wear that disaster.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

On the subject of uniforms, the Astros must have the laziest equipment manager ever and he obviously hates doing laundry because that team can never seem to wear the same unifrom two games in a row.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

On the subject of uniforms, the Astros must have the laziest equipment manager ever and he obviously hates doing laundry because that team can never seem to wear the same unifrom two games in a row.

Actually, the Astros usually are pretty consistent during the regular season about what uniform they wear on a particular day. On the road, it's gray tops unless it's a day game. At home, it's pinstripes for weeknight home games, solid white for Saturdays and weekday home games, and the colored tops for Sundays and holidays.

They followed their normal pattern at home during the Braves series (solid white in Game 3 on Saturday, brick tip in Game 4 on Sunday). I'm guessing the starting pitchers may have requested to wear the brick tops for each of their Game 2s on the road.

The Astros seem to have alot of uniforms, but they are so interchangeable that I hardly even notice what they've got on.

Of everything they have, the pinstripes are the weakest. I love the brick red jerseys. All though I wish it were a bit more orange, and the black a bit more blue.

Poor Houston just can't get any respect.

It only took CBS (Can't Broadcast Sh...I mean, Sports) 3 years to take away the Texan's promo helmet with the white shell and replace it with the correct blue one. Every week I would look to see if it was still there behind the crew, and sure enough, it was.

I felt like going to my local store, buying the right helmet and sending it to them, since they appeared to be unable to spring for a new one themselves. :rolleyes:

Archived