Cleveland Browns Concept

Audiodrama

Nicely done. They look fine. You did a great job. However...

1. The home and away jerseys look an awful lot like the ones the Browns wore in 1984.

2. There is no need to try to improve on perfection.

3. Take my criticism with a grain of salt. I am a lifelong Browns fan and I'll never embrace any Browns concepts. You did a helluva job they look really nice but I still hate it. :D

BB52Big.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and get the  :cursing:  dog off the sleeves!

For the umpteenth time... the dog has NOTHING to do with the Browns team, and should not be an official logo for use on merchandise.  The dog logo is the brainchild of a marketing shill who saw fit to make a logo in honor of the team's FANS, named the Dawg Pound (actually a subsection of the old Memorial Stadium behind the end zone).  The only reason a lot of us outside of Cleveland even know these people exist is because of the overdone act of Arsenio Hall.

Official on-field merchandise for a team should not use a logo meant to recognize the fans of the team on the field.  The dog was a stupid idea when they came up with it, and the fact that it persists to this day is stupefying.  Giving it creedence in this concept is killing an otherwise wonderful set.  As much as I love the Browns' traditional look and refusal to alter what's worked to identify them for decades, I really do like this concept.  Not crazy about the orange pants, but overall I really like the look.

Just put the dog down, I beg you.

The Browns and their stuck in the 70's fans need to get with the program and embrace some much needed changes. They should change their name to the "BrownDogs" and place that Dog logo on the helmet where it belongs. It is a GREAT logo. Then develope a 3rd logo of a dog bone to go with the CB logo shown above in concept. Also bring back the AL on the sleeves(maybe inside the bone) and lose the orange pants. Good work on the concept.

As a Bengals fan, I cannot in any good conscious, say anything good about the Browns, Ha ha. But seriously it looks good. I especially like the dog face logo.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

the BrownDogs?!?!

why not take it a step further, and make them the "BrownDogzz". that sounds so painfully bush league.

I feel confident the NFL will not allow any team names to end with ZZZ's. Or XX's for that matter. Thankfully they have a unwritten law stopping this. I would hate to see anything like Jazz/NBA or even Sox/MLB in NFL. I think those other leagues also should stop any new names from this. It is too bush league as you said.

As for Dogs or BrownDogs....there is a precedent. the Memphis expansion team was going to be the HoundDogs with a tie in with Elvis/Graceland.

Official on-field merchandise for a team should not use a logo meant to recognize the fans of the team on the field. 

Why not? I like the idea of a logo paying tribute to the fans. I like the idea of a dog logo; its a rare example of a unique identity in professional sports. I can certainly understand wanting to keep it off the uniform in the name of tradition -- but I like that its there. What I dont like is when the only identity of a team is a blank orange helmet; im glad they have something else now to put on hats and merch.

Nice job on the unis, BTW.

(think you could make a  Brown Jersey, Orange pants combo; and a Orange pants, orange jersey combo?)

I actually tried both of those combinations when putting the final concept together...both ended up looking waaaay too strange, trust me. :D

(Post #666 :devil: )

I'm sure it did. I really like this set and even don't mind the orange pants with the white jersey, but PLEASE leave it at that (especially NO orange-on-orange -- the Cleveland Creamsicles).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Why not? I like the idea of a logo paying tribute to the fans.

A logo for the fans on fan merchandise is fine. But a logo for the fans on on-field apparel is not appropriate. Team logos should represent the team, not those who support it.

The team would survive (at least theoretically) without fans. But without a team, the fans have nothing to root for. The logical order would then seem to be the supporters wear the insignias of the team they support, and not the other way around. The players shouldn't be wearing the "logo" of the people paying to watch them. It just makes no sense.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived