My First

UnderDogX

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I'm not really sure if this falls under the right catagory for posting but it deals with sports logos so I guess so. Anyway...what started out as making a cool little NJ Devils smiley (which is now in my sig) became a whole NHL project. I just started and this is my first real attempt to produce something completely from scratch. I plan on doing all teams so let me know what you think!!

Devils

LilDevil.png

Penguins

LilPenguin.png

Mighty Ducks

LilDuck.png

Bruins

LilBruin.png

I know people here don't care for gradients but the main focus of these pieces of work is the actually "team smiley" as I call them not the background.

I can't wait to see the Panthers one! :hockeysmiley:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Hey underdogx could you make me a lightning one thats animated like the one in your signature please?

Much Appreciated

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Well well well...that took a bit longer than expected but here he is...Lil' Star!! Hope everyone enjoys it....Thanks very much for the kind comments...I'm glad everyone seems to like these guys!! Tampa Bay will be next and I will make an animated version for ColtzFan, I'll also try to turn the Ducks one into a goalie as well...next to follow will probably the Panthers and then Buffalo...followed by the Avs and Hurricanes which have been mentioned...Lightning might take a while but I've got a good idea of what I'm going to try to do with it...should be fun! Anyway thanks again and enjoy!

LilStar.png

As you can tell I've stuck with a very starry theme...I tried to stay away from the whole "Uterus of Doom" third jerseys :D but the mapped out astrology style hockey stick was influenced a bit by it. Feel free to let me know what you think!

CIDesignSig.png

Thanks alot underdog. You are cool dude. I hate to admit but I leave alot of positive comments for I am easy to please LOL. The Judge says 10! Very cool,and cute. Nice job for your first. If this was a class I was your teacher you would get an A+.

Well Also :welcome: to the boards and God Bless he USA :flagusa: that your with us.

manning2.gif

:welcome: Underdog!

These are just awesome...probably one of the best concept ideas I've seen here, hands down.

Can't wait to see what you're gonna do for the Rangers (somehow, I see the Lady Lib motif here)...or even the Islanders for that matter (even tho I'm sworn to hate them, I just wanna see how that one's gonna get pulled off...will it be a return of the Gorton's Fisherman or will Sparky The Pointless Dragon (the mascot) be front and center...inquiring minds wanna know :lol: )

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

These remind me, in a very complimentary way, of Mad Balls!

mblogoindex.gif

I had a ton of those as a kid, and love your effort. It would be great to see these on t-shirts or in 3D!

Just cause everyone else has said so.. i look forward to the Thrashers one!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Thanks again guys! I'm very glad to hear everyone likes these guys...don't worry after all this positive input I will get around to all of the NHL teams...but for now here is one for Tampa Bay Lightning! Let me know what you think...one thing to note...the white around the end of the stick and near the puck comes out much cleaner in original size...I didn't even notice it until it was uploaded (and it is a .png file) but anyway so when I make animated ones (for you ColtzFan) it will come out sharper! Anyway continue to let me know what you think...up next is the Panthers...I'm gonna try to go more with team colors as opposed to just a standard panther...after that I'll probably do Buffalo and then randomly finish off all of the other teams...thanks again!!!

LilLightning.png

CIDesignSig.png

Thanks UnderdogX. I really appreciate the gesture. This is a great concept.

manning2.gif

Here to anyone who wanted it (ColtzFan in particular) I hope you guys like it! Thanks again for the nice comments and I will start working on the Panthers later tonight..I'm gonna take a little break and celebrate the Devils win tonight! :D

Hope you like it!

If possible please try to copy it and try to host it yourself cuz my photobucket album is getting quite full! :D

Lil-Lightning-animated.gif

Let me know what you think.

CIDesignSig.png

Archived