AZ Cardinals Stadium

TruColor

I was running the risk of completely hijacking the Baseball Cardinals' Ballpark, so I thought I'd start a new thread on the Arizona Cardinals' new stadium that's being built in Glendale, AZ (right next to Glendale Arena).

Here are some new pics:

20051104_11-4-05-stadium-exterior-f.jpg

20051104_closeupseat11-4.jpg

20051104_11-4-05-stadium-2.jpg

20051104_11-4-05-stadium-5.jpg

That's going to be one great stadium! Is it just me or are some of those seats white?

They're actually Gray. The idea is for the Gray seats to mirror the vertical slots (the glass sections inbetween the metal "skin" panels)...and also mirror the pattern of the fabric ("Birdair") of the roof.

Here's another pic from this past July - it shows the size difference between Cardinals Stadium and Glendale Arena:

20050725_-flt1106-26.gif

It's the only thing we Cardinals fans have to look forward to...

This season has been a complete disaster...

:wacko:

heh, so much for me predicting the Cards would win the west. I know two things the Packers and Cardinals have in common:

1: injuries have majorly affected both teams

and 2: both teams have made the same mistakes over and over again in their losses, in all facets of the game, despite having the talent to do better.

as they say, this game is 90% mental. Neil Rackers kicking 4-5 field goals a game would be helpful if the Cardinals did one of two things: play better defense or move the ball consistently once in enemy territory, preferably both. same with the Packers, they've shown flashes of brilliance but rarely have all cylinders fired in the same game. blown tackles, blown coverages, missed blocks, receivers not paying attention to the ball, missed field goals...it's maddening.

eh well, this season's been crazy. :wacko:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That's looking pretty awesome... is the roof retractable too? is this the first retractable field in pro sports?

I dont believe this is the first retractible field, the Sapporo Dome in Japan. The dome hosts baseball on artificial turf and for soccer a field is hovered into the dome.

Sapporo Dome Pic

I dont believe this is the first retractible field, the Sapporo Dome in Japan. The dome hosts baseball on artificial turf and for soccer a field is hovered into the dome.

Sapporo Dome Pic

Yeah, Cardinals Stadium is the third one, I believe. There's another one in Europe somwhere. First one in North America...

Apparently, the engineers for Cardinals Stadium tried to get in contact with the architechts of the Japan and Europe stadiums to compare notes on some aspects of working with the retractible field, but the other designers weren't interested in helping.

A couple of months ago, they performed a test on the section of the rolling tray that's been built, and had about 40 players jump up and down on it to test the vibration. It came out OK, but apparently the only time the players will feel anything is when they're all doing something at once - like calistenics for example.

Great stadium - but the empty end will be weird (just because it's really unprecedented) I think. And I figure the camera that is best for field goals will be on the empty end, so the view looks at seats as the ball goes through the uprights - if that makes sense.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There will be a door on that one end...along with more glass and steel. They'll be putting it in once they get the stadium floor/utility grid/steel rail system in place.

The south end will also be where they can put up to 10,000 extra seats - for the Super Bowl, the Fiesta Bowl, etc.

Here's a conceptual pic of that end (what it will look like when it's completed):

20040906_dbox_arizona_interior_9EAC.jpg

Cardinals Stadium sits near Glendale Arena - the new home of the Coyotes. In addition, there is a major retail/entertainment complex being built surrounding Glendale - it's called Westlake. Here's a schematic of what the area will look like once it's complete:

20040316_Westgate_photo1_large.jpg

Archived