AZ Cardinals Stadium

TruColor

Stadium's coming along nicely. How's the rest of the development progressing?

Westgate Arizona(not Westlake like Pantone has called it) is making progress, Steve Elman who is developing the Westgate Project was having problems putting up the project because of issues with Glendale. But all of that is being taken care of and by the time the Stadium is built there will be a movie theater and retail shops built by than, and by the time Super Bowl XLII comes, it will be one of the destined places to come to in the Phoenix Metro Area. So to answer your question it's coming along nicely...

and also the stadium should be opening in April so that gives them plenty of time to build around the Glendale Arena and Stadium...

The stadium isn't opening until Aug. 1...

let me rephrase, the official grand opening is August 1st, they will officially finish the stadium in April, from what i've been hearing they will be a few months ahead of schedule just like the Coyotes Arena

First I've heard about April 1st being the completion date...not to sound so skeptical, but where'd you hear that?

On another note, azcardinals.com just posted some additional aerial shots (these are from late October):

20051028_10-281.jpg

20051028_10-282.jpg

20051028_10-283.jpg

20051028_10-284.jpg

Peter Eisenmann did a great job on this. You guys will be amazed the first time you are in it. Unlike Colts fans and the retro crap we gotta have for a stadium, but anything is better than the RCA dome.

First I've heard about April 1st being the completion date...not to sound so skeptical, but where'd you hear that?

On another note, azcardinals.com just posted some additional aerial shots (these are from late October):

20051028_10-281.jpg

20051028_10-282.jpg

20051028_10-283.jpg

20051028_10-284.jpg

I can't wait to see that place lit up.

This is sort of off topic, but the Suns play in Phoenix, right? Why don't the other teams play in the city? Like, why don't the 'Yotes play in the America West Arena?

The 'Yotes did play at America West Arena, but the arena is a basketball facility. If you've seen the hockey configuration for that arena, you can understand why the 'Yotes need their own place.

I saw, I came, I left.

Also, Phoenix is a very booming city (#1 I believe) and the different teams just felt it was time to get their own stadiums...The Cardinals have been looking into a staduim for years because borrowing a stadium from a college isn't exactly the coolest thing and finally got it passed by the Arizona voters. And like said above, AWA is not a good place for hockey at all, and the team just felt it would be good to have their own place...Also, the area around AWA and BOB (I know its not called that anymore but I will always call it that) is packed. A team would either have to tear down a good portion of office buildings, or build in the "ghetto" that is just south of Bank One.

PopHeading-1.gif

20051028_10-281.jpg

20051028_10-282.jpg

20051028_10-283.jpg

20051028_10-284.jpg

heard it from an official who works under Elaine Scruggs, also heard it from the Glendale News that is on the Glendale Channel 11...It isn't exactly April 1st persay, but it will be done in April

heard it from an official who works under Elaine Scruggs, also heard it from the Glendale News that is on the Glendale Channel 11...It isn't exactly April 1st persay, but it will be done in April

Interesting. I've been conversing with Brad Parker of the AZ-STA...I'll see what he says as well.

As I said, I'm working on getting a tour of the place in the beginning of December...my wife and I are going to be in Tucson for a half-marathon, and we're going to try to make it up to the Phoenix area so that I can see the stadium first-hand.

Interesting. I've been conversing with Brad Parker of the AZ-STA...I'll see what he says as well.

As I said, I'm working on getting a tour of the place in the beginning of December...my wife and I are going to be in Tucson for a half-marathon, and we're going to try to make it up to the Phoenix area so that I can see the stadium first-hand.

But what i'm thinking is that the estimated finish they are goin for is coming in April so we'll see, but I would take the tour, you won't be dissapointed at all

Archived