MLB 05-06 Hot Stove Thread

KennyRock

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Blue Jays just trade Corey Koskie to the Brewers for a minor league pitcher. WTF they doing dont get rid of him, get rid of Hinske and put Koskie on DH, man they did the rong thing.. *shakes head*

Good move for both sides. Jays free up some cash and the Brewers get a much-needed bat in the lineup.

The Blue Jays just trade Corey Koskie to the Brewers for a minor league pitcher. WTF they doing dont get rid of him, get rid of Hinske and put Koskie on DH, man they did the rong thing.. *shakes head*

i agree with you on this, the jays should of at least got a major-leaguer in return

8prlQWA.png

i agree with you on this, the jays should of at least got a major-leaguer in return

The Jays cleared about $6 mil in payroll by trading away what would've been a bench player, or at best a platooned DH... wait till the season begins to find out who the jays "acquired" as a result of this deal.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Jays cleared about $6 mil in payroll by trading away what would've been a bench player, or at best a platooned DH... wait till the season begins to find out who the jays "acquired" as a result of this deal.

yeah the 6 mil will help. i also heard the Koskie didn't really talk to the guys all that often other than Vernon and Shea, but how true that is i don't know. also with Koskie going to Milwaukee he'll be closer to home, again.

8prlQWA.png

Phillies superstar third baseman David Bell has changed REPEAT changed his number from 4 to 25.

Hope you Phillies fans still have time to cancel all your authentic #4 jersey orders.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's been rumors around Boston that Manny actually didn't want to leave Boston; his wife did. I guess Manny cheated on her last season and she wants to move away from all of it, even though Manny and his wife are still together.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It's nice to see Milwaukee trying to do something! This article is from MLB.com

dzOaAVXt.jpg

MILWAUKEE -- Unable to meet his free agent price tag a year ago, the Brewers swung a surprising trade late Friday night to acquire veteran third baseman Corey Koskie from the Blue Jays for a Minor League pitcher.

The Brewers, who will decide whether to start Koskie at third base over Bill Hall, parted with right-hander Brian Wolfe in their second trade with Toronto in less than a month.

Koskie, a 32-year-old left-handed hitter, is a career .277 hitter in eight Major League seasons. He became expendable after the Blue Jays traded for slugging third baseman Troy Glaus, giving the team a surplus of corner infielders. Koskie is reportedly signed for two more years at a guaranteed $11.5 million, but the Jays picked up a portion of that cost.

"Having flexibility is key because when these opportunities come up, you can take advantage," said Brewers general manager Doug Melvin, who declined to say how much of Koskie's contract will be paid by Toronto. The Associated Press reported this week that Toronto was willing to pay as much as $3 million to expedite a trade sending him back to Minnesota, but the Twins declined.

Melvin followed those reports, and when Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi called earlier in the week to gauge Milwaukee's interest, both sides began negotiating.

"This is a player we showed interest in when he was a free agent, and we were one of the teams he was interested in at the time," Melvin said. "Now we were able to get him at the right price."

Koskie ended up signing a three-year, $17 million deal with the Blue Jays after playing his first 10 professional seasons in the Twins organization. He earned $2.5 million in 2005 and is set to make $5.25 million 2006 and $5.75 million in 2007.

The original deal also included a $6.5 million club option for 2008 with a $500,000 buyout. According to the Toronto Sun, should Koskie amass 600 plate appearances in either 2006 or '07 -- or combine for at least 1,200 over that span -- it would cause his 2008 option to vest.

In 2005, Koskie was limited to 97 games by a broken right thumb that required surgery to repair ligament damage. He batted .249 with 11 home runs and 36 RBIs.

"The more I get over the initial shock, the more and more I am excited about it," said Koskie. "Last year during free agency, I called my agent and said 'What about Milwaukee? I hear good things.'"

Koskie was also surprised by the trade's timing.

"I just didn't think anything would happen until closer to Spring Training," he said.

Melvin also worked out a trade with Ricciardi at the Winter Meetings last month that sent first baseman Lyle Overbay to Toronto for pitchers Dave Bush and Zach Jackson and outfielder Gabe Gross.

Koskie's presence calls into question the role of Hall, who enjoyed a breakout season in 2005 while playing three infield positions. At the Winter Meetings, Brewers manager Ned Yost said he expected Hall to be the frontrunner for Opening Day duties at third.

"I talked to Bill Hall today and told him we had a chance to get a player [who would affect Hall's role]," Melvin said. "Nothing had been done at that point, but being the guy that he his, he understood it.

"Corey will play some third base and so will Billy. Will it be a total platoon? I don't know at this point. ... That will be Ned's to handle. As we get better as a team, we need to get as many good players as we can."

Wolfe, 25, missed 2004 after undergoing Tommy John surgery and signed with the Brewers in May of last season. He was 5-2 with eight saves in the Brewers' Minor League chain and pitched in the Arizona Fall League.

To make room for Koskie on the 40-man roster, the Brewers will need to designate a player for assignment on Monday.

Adam McCalvy is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

There's been rumors around Boston that Manny actually didn't want to leave Boston; his wife did. I guess Manny cheated on her last season and she wants to move away from all of it, even though Manny and his wife are still together.

Confessions of a MLB Stadium Employee... Manny cheated on his wife longer than just last season.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Confessions of a MLB Stadium Employee... Manny cheated on his wife longer than just last season.

I smell a NY Times #1 Best seller in the future.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Blue jays are going try and put Hinskie out in left feild ppl are saying. If this is true, we are guna lose alot of games. Either get rid of him or put him on DH, and if no one wants him, then just sedn him down to the minors.

I dont mind that we got rid of Koskie cus he was injured and never really had alot of home runs or hits, but he was good on defense but Glaus will take care of that.

4kv29i.jpg

670am reports that the Cubs are looking at Julio Lugo, but the Red Sox are also in the hunt.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived