World Cup 2006 Shirts

Frankie

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well mates, it looks like Nike has finally got it bang on!

National kits without the cookie cutter templates!!!

My favourite kit is the Mexican one just because of the aztec designs on the horizontal stripe

10914022xl.jpg

The Croatian kits are that bad either, I rather fancy the blue away with the checkered striping on the left.

The Oranje Kit is also good, however the collar on the home kit could have been designed better. This makes me wonder if the next kit for United will have a collar like the 1994 Umbro kit

0140384499.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

These great Nike designs show us how much talent they have there. I'm puzzled as to why so much of it is wasted on shi++y college football uniforms. If they can make a clean, individual, well-designed uniform for a dozen countries' World Cup teams, why can't they do it for their college football programs? The only thing I don't like about the American kits is the outline around the numbers. I think the numbers should be plain and one color, like they are on the shorts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

the Aussie ones are ok, i think however a green or white away would be better than the blue, but i guess it was our national colours in the 1800's or it was unofficially.....are socks gold and blue on the two strips?...and yeh, if it was to look more like the Great '74 Socceroos, the Coat of Arms should be on a bigger shield and have a green collar....but its ok, colours are right i dont care what design we wear as long as we go out and put in effort in the World Cup, also we are wearing these next week against Bahrain.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

the Aussie ones are ok, i think however a green or white away would be better than the blue, but i guess it was our national colours in the 1800's or it was unofficially.....are socks gold and blue on the two strips?...and yeh, if it was to look more like the Great '74 Socceroos, the Coat of Arms should be on a bigger shield and have a green collar....but its ok, colours are right i dont care what design we wear as long as we go out and put in effort in the World Cup, also we are wearing these next week against Bahrain.

socceroos.jpg

Although for some reason the coat of arms on the home strip has a soccer ball in front of it while the away doesn't...

Primal I think the home strip in the photo must be a supporters shirt and not an official team shirt. I believe the Coat of Arms may only be used with permission from the Commonwealth Government and is not to be used commercially.

Therefore the C of A only appears on official team uniforms and supporter's replica outfits bear a generic or altered C of A.

I have noticed the Wallabies jersey has a Rugby ball on the shield for supporters and the replica guernseys from the International Rules series had a blank shield on them.

Good to see a return to 1974 style uniform and losing those ugly numbers in a circle.

Central District Bulldogs          SANFL Premiers: 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010                                                                                                                  Adelaide Crows                         AFL Premiers:      1997, 1998

Primal I think the home strip in the photo must be a supporters shirt and not an official team shirt. I believe the Coat of Arms may only be used with permission from the Commonwealth Government and is not to be used commercially.

Therefore the C of A only appears on official team uniforms and supporter's replica outfits bear a generic or altered C of A.

I have noticed the Wallabies jersey has a Rugby ball on the shield for supporters and the replica guernseys from the International Rules series had a blank shield on them.

Good to see a return to 1974 style uniform and losing those ugly numbers in a circle.

So they produced two authentic sets of shorts and an authentic away shirt but a replica home shirt?

You're right about the CoA, but it doesn't make sense that they would need to use a replica on launch...

socceroos.jpg

Although for some reason the coat of arms on the home strip has a soccer ball in front of it while the away doesn't...

they look much better without the numbers imo

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Thierry Henry Posted on Wednesday, February 15th, 2006 - 23:47:48

Croatia's back has the checkerboard on the lower back, and then plain white for name and number, kind of like what Wigan Athletic does with it's stripes on the home kit. 

Can you confirm that, 'cause I saw the photo with all white back (can't remeber where) and am pretty sure it's all white...

What is with the yellow in the US jerseys? Thats a new advent. I have several editions of US jerseys going back, and yellow has not been a featured color.

Bah.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Do they only have gold thread in their machine that sews patches on? Is that why the US got gold on their jerseys?

Every team with a sewn-on patch has a gold outline!

Brazil, check

Croatia, check

Korea, check

US, check

Holland, check

Mexico? This one looks ironed on... it has no sewing around the outside at all.

Portugal, same as mex.

Very odd.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Thierry Henry Posted on Wednesday, February 15th, 2006 - 23:47:48

Croatia's back has the checkerboard on the lower back, and then plain white for name and number, kind of like what Wigan Athletic does with it's stripes on the home kit. 

Can you confirm that, 'cause I saw the photo with all white back (can't remeber where) and am pretty sure it's all white...

Yeah, I was apperently shown a fake picture with the checkerboards like I described, but those pictures posted are official...

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

I was at thge game. The funny thing is most people complained that the shorts were getting too long, but Guatamala's shorts were just as long as the US's. I really wish they were selling these at the game. They were still selling last year's uni's at full price. What a joke

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived