World Cup 2006 Shirts

Frankie

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They look like soccer shirts.

Which is a unique idea.

Not since the late 1970's have soccer shirts actually looked like soccer shirts.

I think they look fantastic.

There's no self patterns, no crazy striping, no gradients and therefore, no vomitting from me.

If this is them I am surprised, and pleased.

I actually love the shadow stripes, patterns, etc. (but maybe not the gradients). Nevertheless, I agree that these "look like soccer shirts" and are well done. I particularly like the US kits, because I am a big fan on the racing stripes.

By the way, rmered, this looks just like the paint job on my nephew's 1967 Mercury Cougar.

xygtho.gif

I agree that if the stripes are on a jersey, they should be offset like the US kit, rather than running down the center.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The new NIKE shirts have been leaked. They all look very traditional, and some of them more stylish than others (Brazil, USA and Mexico).worldcupkitsvi7xg.jpg

What do you think?

i'm pleasantly surprised...these don't suck balls like the last set did B) hell, this is possibly the best the US has looked since the Habs-stripe kits. los Mexicanos don't look half bad either, and that's considering other than Brazil, they were about the only side Nike managed to get right last time.

and whoever over there finally realized Croatia doesn't need crazy piping on the checkerboards, I raise my coke to ya.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm definitly getting the Croatia one, as every time. It's the best shirt, and it will allways be. So what if I'm biased?

I'm not Croatian, but I agree. Checkerboards are brilliant, especially for Croatia.

Overall, well played, Nike. Someone reined them in enough to concentrate on making nice gear befitting national teams. Bravo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I also don't understand why Japan football team wears blue, when rugby team wears red and white hoops, and that shirt is brilliant, football should adopt those colours.

Germany used to be a lot more confusing. The soccer team used to wear green, the motor racing teams wear silver, the field hockey team wears red, the ice hockey team wears black.

Is Germany's second-change now red with white shorts? Or is it back to black?

Supposedly, there is a "throwback" aspect to each nation Nike is sponsoring for the World Cup -- whether it is the plain checkerboard jersey for Croatia, the diagonal stripes for Holland, etc. But I just wonder when the U.S. had vertical red and blue stripes ever?

The 1999-2001 jerseys had that thick blue collar that resembled the 1916 jersey -- a throwback of sorts.

I also don't understand why Japan football team wears blue, when rugby team wears red and white hoops, and that shirt is brilliant, football should adopt those colours.

Germany used to be a lot more confusing. The soccer team used to wear green, the motor racing teams wear silver, the field hockey team wears red, the ice hockey team wears black.

(West) Germany's football/soccer team has always worn white as their home kit, but their change kit was traditionally green in honour of Ireland, who were the first team to play West Germany in international football after WWII. But they've thrown that out the window now.

I think the silver for motor racing is a Mercedes thing... BMW were white and blue? (I might not be 100% with that).

liverpool-1.png

(West) Germany's football/soccer team has always worn white as their home kit, but their change kit was traditionally green in honour of Ireland, who were the first team to play West Germany in international football after WWII. But they've thrown that out the window now.

I think the silver for motor racing is a Mercedes thing... BMW were white and blue? (I might not be 100% with that).

Well, Bavaria is white and blue ...

Anyone notice the stripes on the left leg of the US's socks? This is something that sucks on hockey uni's but is in the right place on this kit. I wonder if it is supposed to carry on from the shirt and thus only be on the left leg. If you go to niketeam.com, these shirts (not team specific, just the templete shirts) are up for sale now. So it's possible to start wearing the same design as the national teams wear before they even do! I think that's a first.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Anyone notice the stripes on the left leg of the US's socks? This is something that sucks on hockey uni's but is in the right place on this kit. I wonder if it is supposed to carry on from the shirt and thus only be on the left leg. If you go to niketeam.com, these shirts (not team specific, just the templete shirts) are up for sale now. So it's possible to start wearing the same design as the national teams wear before they even do! I think that's a first.

Good catch. I just noticed that. Very interesting. I like it.

Nike has done it again...started a new trend....i guarantee you that after this world cup, adidas and other manufacturers will once again bite on nike's style. I remember back during the 2002 world cup when nike came out with those revolutionary new jerseys(forgot the template name), the distinctive part about those jerseys were that they had two horns going down both sides of the jersey plus a line going across the back, pretty soon adidas copied the horn idea for their goal keeper kits, and have now done it with their regular kits.

It seems that all manufacturers have tried the modern, futuristic, revolutionary approach that nike did during the 2002 world cup, and not to mention the creation of templates, which were so blatant with the total 90..kits. Now nike has reverted back to a traditional old school, type of kits, and i guarantee you that this will be type of kit that will be fashionized across europe for about 4 years or so until nike does something different.

Another example is adidas' new kit template name....i believe it is 10+++ or something along those lines, very similar though frame with nikes total 90.

BTW im not a Nike supporter...i like PUMA, which are also guilty in some ways.

But i have to give nike its due, for giving each team some individualism, bravo.

Archived